Matthew Bourne's Edward Scissorhands: December 2014 - and 2023

Matthew Bourne's New Adventures have announced they are re staging Edward Scissorhands later this year.

Details on their website here:

http://www.new-adventures.net/latest_news/edward_scissorhands_returns

Great news - I loved it when I first saw it! Tickets go on sale for Sadlers tomorrow (Friday 14 March) and also for Nottingham in January 2015. I assume it will tour the country. 

• Like 3

Yep, coming to The Lowry in November and tickets go on sale at the end of this month. 

Having read your comments on the Swan Lake thread Nottsballetlover I shall definitely be buying some for this production when we go to see Lord of the Flies in April :-)

Edited by Kitschqueen_1
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So far I'm only going on the Tuesday (with my niece so more expensive for me than usual!).  We are on the front row (row B) but it is rather close.  May not go to the Lowry again unless my arm is twisted because it's also on at the Empire in January (12 mile round trip rather than 80!).

Usually these days if the orchestra pit isn't in I go for row K or further back so I would be happy with row L!

• Like 1

Thanks for the reminder - I got my ticket for the Tuesday last Circle Row A that wasn't an £80 VIP ticket phew!

I see BRB Beauty and The Beast is also on sale and Rambert Rooster - not a fan of Rambert but I hear Rooster is good.  Didn't know ES was coming to the Empire too so that's good :-)

Edited by Don Q Fan

• 6 months later...

I loved it when I saw it on previous runs!  I had never seen the film and my niece persuaded me to take her when she saw the posters (being a huge fan of the film).  I loved it even more than she did.  She was around 14 the first time we saw it.  

I think it would be very suitable for a family treat.

• Like 1

what is the running time including intermission? I'm wondering if it's possible to get back to London from Milton Keynes by train at a reasonable hour after a performance. (I know there are trains, but just wonder what time I would be leaving MK)

I emailed New Adventures to ask this question and didn't get a reply.

Edited by toursenlair

It is 2 hours including a 20 minutes intermission, not a long work.  

Assuming MB hasn't made any changes to it since last time around?

What you might not be able to guarantee, Katherine, is whether there are any late-night engineering works which might foul things up.  I wouldn't expect them to kick in as early as 10 pm, but you never know.  I believe the major engineering work on that line was done probably a decade ago by now, so hope there's nothing more to come. 

• alison changed the title to Matthew Bourne's Edward Scissorhands: December 2014 - and 2023
  • 10 months later...

As I think I've mentioned elsewhere, I'd been aiming to go and see this in the company's regular slot in Wimbledon - only to find that they're not appearing there this year.  The nearest place seems to be Woking, this coming week - but all the cheap tickets have sold out already, although there seem still to be a number of higher-priced ones available, but by the time I've added the rail fare they're beyond my budget.  I was wondering if anyone had seen any offers anywhere?  Woking don't do standbys, as far as I know.