Central School of Ballet

Tulip

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

Disclaimer: I am the accommodation officer at Chester House, a halls of residence in Muswell Hill, north London.

I have found this forum to be useful in the past and I believe I have some useful information to contribute.

The closure of Barbican YMCA has thrown a spanner in the works with regards to the provision of reasonably priced accommodation in London for dancers especially those attending Italia Conti & Central School of Ballet

As a result we getting enquiries from both schools. Whilst we have had students in the past, our dance & musical theatre students tend to study at London Studio Centre (LSC), Urdang and Mountview.

You may wish to try the following alternatives, all have a shorter contract term than either Unite or Nido:

Hyelm: Old Street (better for groups)

Minimum Contract Term: Various

Cost From: 612.26 per month

Nearest Tube: Old Street

They also have accommodation in Hampsted

Sir John Cass Hall

Minimum Contract Term: 39 weeks

Cost From: 120.00

Nearest Tube: Bethnal Green (Central Line & Overground)

Claredale House

Minimum Contract Term: 39 weeks

Cost From: 126.00 - 138.00 per week

Nearest Tube: Bethnal Green (Central Line & Overground)

Ashwell House

NOTE: Female Only

Minimum Contract Term: 12 weeks

Cost From: 165.00 + VAT

Nearest Tube: Old Street

A useful link is:http://www.londonmet.ac.uk/accommodation/halls-of-residence/home.cfm

It's run by London Metropolitan University and has a long list of private halls of residence in London.

With regards to catered halls of residence there are two in London that I know of namely Ashwell House & ourselves.

• Like 3