Move It 2014

taxi4ballet

It's her life they're valid for any day just message me your name and I'll leave at the box office :)

Re tutu it can flip up if it's too small, so maybe swap for next size up? Also try storing it the opposite way round for 24hrs to let it settle.

If you are able to bring it on Sunday we can exchange for you, just remind me if it was black or white and I'll check what we have in stock here and put it to one side :)

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just back from move it, we had such a great day. We met the lovely Sheila from Just Ballet, they have some absolutely gorgeous leotards and skirts well worth a look. But the highlight of DD's day was Diversity walking past us as we were taking a break in a quiet corner.

• Like 5

Hi, Lifeafterballet. I was there today and talked to the man who I think is the BTUK boss, but I didn't ask his name! From what I understand, the HND is sorted. They can't get the 3rd year BA sorted until the HND is under way. I hope I got that right - I didn't ask your question specifically as I hadn't read your post.

I also mentioned that there has been a lot of interest from people here, but that some people have found it hard to communicate with them.

• Like 7

Hi, Lifeafterballet. I was there today and talked to the man who I think is the BTUK boss, but I didn't ask his name! From what I understand, the HND is sorted. They can't get the 3rd year BA sorted until the HND is under way. I hope I got that right - I didn't ask your question specifically as I hadn't read your post.

I also mentioned that there has been a lot of interest from people here, but that some people have found it hard to communicate with them.

Thank you! A step closer ..... fingers crossed! Wish I was going to moveit this year .... Hope you had a good day!

Thank you! A step closer ..... fingers crossed! Wish I was going to moveit this year .... Hope you had a good day!

You may want to look at the 'silver lining' thread I jus started in answer to your last comment! Not so much!

I went to Move It the first year that they moved to Olympia and it was a great improvement on the previous location.  I loved it and wish I could go again.  A former student who has moved to London was planning on going, so I shall look forward to getting the low down from her mother!  By the way there is of course wheelchair and baby pram access, although the lifts got crowded.

Edited by Dance*is*life

Well back from the 3 day stint at Move It.  Limbs ache, feet hurt, but had a wonderful time.  DD had fabulous time taking classes with Tring, English National Ballet and Lucas McFarlane.  She also got to meet and have photo's with  Sisco Gomez, Diversity, Unity UK and Chris N Wez.  She was happy beyond belief.

Only down side to the whole weekend was that Just Ballet sold out of all the lovely lace shorts before we managed to purchase.  We will have to order on the web instead.

• Like 1

DD was scouted by a college & 'noticed' by another teacher/college - which was very good for her ego (even if we take it no further)

I had a lovely chat & cuppa (well coke) with Huddsballetmum while our girls did different workshops

Picked up lots of bits of paper & prospectuses but got no further with "what to do with DD" & spent an in ordinate amount of time with people telling me I'm doing the wrong thing with/for her

• Like 4

Should add that I 'like' the scouting of your DD by 2 colleges - not the people telling you you're doing the wrong thing, Katymac. Was Move It helpful in answering any of your and your DD's questions? I think you're always likely to have days where you are convinced that everything your DD has chosen to do is wrong and other days where you feel happy that the right decisions were made - that's human nature and especially understandable when it's your precious DD you're thinking about.

• Like 2

Agree with Legseleven on both liking the scouting and not liking people telling you you are doing the wrong thing.  You know your DD best and surely the right thing is for her to be happy.  This route our DDs are on is complicated and there is no one correct pathway that suits everyone.  You can only ever do your best for your DD and that means you as a family working it out.  Advice given by others will always be contradictory as it is based on their assumptions or their experience but not based on your DD.

Thanks - I am confused & here isn't the right place to start a discussion about it

Whether I should go for one of the upper school/audition threads or start my own is what I'm cogitating as it's such a personal issue it might not be fair to add to something existing but it's something I'm benefit from other (unbiased) opinions about :wacko:

Hi Katymac

Sorry I missed you at Moveit, I only stayed about an hour and a half, I had nagging tooth ache and besides I only came to see what tutu’s and leo’s were available from the different suppliers. I did pop and see Sheila and I also met one of my friends that had a stand there from Covent Garden Market but didn’t meet anyone else I knew.

Fortunately I escaped without buying anything, I did have a quick scan of Sheila’s tutu’s but I couldn’t differentiate which ones I have on order or not, anyway they can always wait until next Christmas, then I will have something to look forward too.