ROH stalls circle seats - will daughter be able to see?

Evening all,

We're seeing La Fille soon and the only seats I could get which are suitable for my disability were stalls circle row C (something like 71-73 if I remember rightly). We've only ever sat in the Grand Tier or the balcony before and had front row seats both times (the joy of the hugely discounted but now defunct Family Performances).

Has anyone sat in or near those seats who can tell me what they're like? I looked at the photo preview but of course what it doesn't show is other people's heads and if they are in the way or not. Daughter is about 5'4 but much of that is legs so I want to be sure she can see.

Any insights appreciated!

Thanks. :-)

I'm hardly expert on the seats in the Stalls Circle, but I can't see any reason why you should have a problem there. They're in front of a load of standing places which I know a lot of people like, so presumably the seats ought to have a good view, too.

• Like 1

Spannerpony I sat in C 64 a couple of weeks ago and I too am 5' 4!. My seat had a restricted view which was no problem at all, and I had a good view. Unless you are terribly unlucky and get a very tall person infront you should be ok. Hope that you enjoy.

• Like 1

I was in C77 the other night (which is 'restricted' due to a pillar that you can easily see around). The view is fine, as the are only 2 rows in front of you, and the rake is quite good for those rows. Unless your offspring are v young (and so small) and there is a large person in front, should be fine

• Like 1

They do have booster seats that they lend out . Which reminds me of the time we went to see the Bolshoi at Covent Garden, we got the first train down from Yorkshire, to watch a matinee, and return the same day. We had good seats in the middle of the stalls, but the lady sitting in front of my DS ( who was 12), saw that he was "small", and shuffled right down in her seat to give him a better view. It wasn't til he thanked her, and she turned around again I looked at her to thank her, and realised it was Mara Galeazzi !!

• Like 3

They do have booster seats that they lend out . Which reminds me of the time we went to see the Bolshoi at Covent Garden, we got the first train down from Yorkshire, to watch a matinee, and return the same day. We had good seats in the middle of the stalls, but the lady sitting in front of my DS ( who was 12), saw that he was "small", and shuffled right down in her seat to give him a better view. It wasn't til he thanked her, and she turned around again I looked at her to thank her, and realised it was Mara Galeazzi !!

How amazing! :-))

Thanks so much everyone, that sounds great. I will ask DH to go and ask for a booster seat if necessary but from what you've said it sounds as if we will be ok. :-)

I think that the booster cushions are no longer available, but she should be fine without. I took my 5 year old grand daughter for her first time at Christmas and was told they didn't provide them now.She just sat on our folded up coats :)

• Like 1

I think that the booster cushions are no longer available, but she should be fine without. I took my 5 year old grand daughter for her first time at Christmas and was told they didn't provide them now.She just sat on our folded up coats :)

Well they were available at the Alice matinée a couple of weeks ago!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

If there is a tall person sitting in front and shuffling round isn't possible - you might want to ask the tallest standing person if he/she would like to swap. Particularly after the interval, standing folks often welcome a chance to sit down.

Yaffa

Standing's never an option for me but fortunately our seats were absolutely fine. Dd and I had nobody in front of us as there were little railings with a footwell where we put our bags and my crutches. :-)