No DaDa Award

suzyq

Just wondered if anyone knows if people on reserve list for Performers College are ever offered a DaDa at a later date,My daughter was offered a place at the beginning of the year and had applied for a DaDa,unfortunately dd found out today that she had not been successul in gaining an award but was on the reserve list.How does this work?Is there a possibility that at a later date she could still be offered help or is it likely that she probably won't be considered for funding now.Please if anyone can advise I would be most grateful

Thankyou

Have no knowledge of Performers but at most of the schools I know about people can and often do get funding from reserve lists. Would sugggest you contact the school and ask what their advice/opinion is. They may be able to let you know if there is an order to the reserve list and where you are on it.

• Like 1

Hi Suzyq

There is a chance that your DD could be offered funding from the reserve list.

The colleges have a fixed number of awards, so if some students are offered funding at more than one college and then decide to accept elsewhere, their funding offer at Performers will be offered to the next on the list!

Very best of luck....I hope you have good news soon.

FG X

• Like 1

Thankyou to all for the advice,hopefully we will get some good news and if not just have to continue onwards,I do sympathise with other dancers mums as my dd was in tears all day yesterday

Unless Performers put everyone on the reserve list (and it may be worth phoning the college to check on this) I would have thought the chances could be quite good. There is a lot of reshuffling at this time as people awarded Dada's at one place may well have offers at several, so have to make a choice. So I'm sure there is a chance, but equally I'm sure you don't want to get your dd's hopes up to high only to be dashed again. Fingers crossed for a positive and speedy outcome.

• Like 1

Thankyou JulieW,I will post on NAPM site and perhaps get some more advice,and thankyou Glowlight,I am feeling slightly more

positive about the situation but will not mention it to my dd as I wouldn't want her to get her hopes up,as far as she is concerned ,chances of a place with a DaDa at Performers College are extremely low

Also Lildancer96,I wish your dd/ds a good outcome regarding DaDa allocation from the reserve list

I would also like to add what a helpful enjoyable forum this is!

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

Hello I was delighted when my daughter was offered DADA however the new rules around DADA make it almost impossible for the 2 parent average income families to get support, I did read about this somewhere on his forum however can't locat it at present.