Ivan Vasiliev interview

Don't you think the writer adopted that giggly ballet aficionado role on purpose? Vasiliev comes across so arrogant that I really thought she did this on purpose. I'm still puzzled...

do you think so?

It's probably the silliest interview I've ever read. I think more that Vasiliev was making fun of the poor lady, being impossible to take her seriously...

• Like 4

Looking at some of her other interviews (at least as many as I could stand without getting a sugar overdose), she seems to do celebrity interviews and it doesn't seem to matter what sort of celebrities they are. So she very probably doesn't know much if anything about ballet, but that doesn't seem to have been the point of the interview anyway. The whole interview seemed like a bit of a waste of space - Daily Mail readers who aren't into ballet will probably have never heard of the guy, and the ones who are into ballet won't find anything interesting in the interview, other than the fact that he seems to get embarrassed by interviewers who only want to talk about sex.

Call me an old cynic, but isn't this simply a plug for the Kings of Dance show which I think takes place next month?  The giveaway is the show's impresario acting as translator, paticularly as Vasiliev has very good English and could probably manage without help.

As an interesting/informative interview I rate it 0/10.

I think more that Vasiliev was making fun of the poor lady, being impossible to take her seriously...

But it was HER to write the whole thing down in her words, and she can't be so bland not to know how dumb and silly she comes across. OK, maybe she is. This interview makes the both parties involved look really bad - I still wonder why anyone should publish such a text...  :( 

Well, it is the Daily Mail...

Indeed. Yesterday the Mail had an article about the American ice skater Jason Brown and his ponytail hairstyle, which apparently has a following all of its own. To my shame, I actually sat and read this piece of cutting edge 'journalism'. No pun intended. Well, it was my day off.

• 1 year later...

Best wishes to Ivan Vasiliev and Maria Vinogradova on their wedding coming this Saturday and for the entire marital life.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/theatre/dance/11643915/Ivan-Vasiliev-about-to-marry-Bolshoi-ballerina.html

Photos of the couple in the Russian edition of Tatler:

http://www.tatler.ru/nashi_lyudi/interview_and_photo_set_21/347625_istoriya_lyubvi_ivan_vasilev_i_mariya_vinogradova.php#p=347627;

Shouldn't the Mail Online be ashamed of their presentation of this news!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3107206/Russia-s-superstar-ballerina-known-Sex-legs-reveals-details-Bolshoi-love-triangle-shocked-fans-discover-marrying-rival-dancer-long-time-love.html

Edited: The last remark added.

Edited by Amelia
  • Like 1

Shouldn't the Mail Online be ashamed of their presentation of this news!

Yes and so should the Daily Telegraph over the reporting in its 3rd June edition. Osipova has done nothing to deserve being demeaned in this way.

Of course, Vasiliev himself, albeit clearly bounding with happiness at his forthcoming marriage, might have been more circumspect to begin with.

• Like 4

I don't suppose Maria is related to Oleg Vinogradov the former artistic director of the Kirov in the 1990s? I tried to find out something about him but the few articles there were just concentrated on his work rather than personal life.

• 1 month later...

There appears to be some sort of interview with, or possibly just article on, Vasiliev in today's Daily Telegraph arts supplement.

This is featured in today's LINKS.

The Telegraph Supplement has a cover photo of Vasiliev entitled Flying High: how the world's greatest ballet dancer leapt to the top. Admittedly they want to promote the Ardani Gala but the paper has to be joking with that claim!!!!

[Do I need to duck and run for cover?]

Edited by capybara