Tanztheater Wuppertal Pina Bausch - '1980', London, 2014

Foteini Christofilopoulou was at Sadlers Wells to see the Tanztheater Wuppertal Pina Bausch perform her work '1980 - a Piece'. Here are a couple of sample photos:

12364291914_a6cbd6b421_z.jpg
Julie Shanahan in '1980 - a Piece by Pina Bausch'
© Foteini Christofilopoulou. Courtesy of DanceTabs / Flickr

12363845075_e641d31921_z.jpg
Fernando Suels Mendoza, Nazareth Panadero in '1980 - a Piece by Pina Bausch'
© Foteini Christofilopoulou. Courtesy of DanceTabs / Flickr

See more...

Set from DanceTabs - Tanztheater Wuppertal Pina Bausch '1980 – a piece by Pina Bausch',
Courtesy of DanceTabs / Flickr

I am so glad I saw this - I got the ticket as an 'why not' afterthought when booking a few other performances at Sadler's Wells and had no idea what I was in for until I read a couple of reviews yesterday.

I have no idea how to describe the performance, but it left me delightfully flummoxed, in awe of Pina Bausch, and very touched.

Edited by Coated
  • Like 1

As a  member of the Pina Bausch fan club, I seldom miss a London show and 1980 was full of all the elements of her work I've come to love.  However for something so long, I would have preferred an earlier start, say 7 p.m. rather than 7.30,

I agree, MAB. Even if I had been able to go, I'd have needed to leave well before the end to get home, even without the tube strike. But I don't think SW ever like starting earlier than 7.30: I had to leave a performance of Eugene Onegin once because it was getting on for 11 pm, I think.