East England RAD Ballet Awards

2littledancers

Hello 2littledancers,

My dd took part in this event last year and was asked to do so this year, but has had an injury. There was a fair bit of discussion about the day last year: http://www.balletcoforum.com/index.php?/topic/3574-rad-competitions-tomorrow/?hl=%20east%20%20england

People had mixed views of the way the day was run, and there are some aspects of the day that didn't work too well - things like making the first class of each section wait until the second class had finished before awarding any prizes - making it an extremely long day for those living a long way away. I would like to hope that there have been some changes this year.

Taking class with Sandra Madgwick was wonderful though and my dd got a lot out of the experience. I think she would have done it again this year.

Looking forward to hearing about your day. :-)

Thank you for the thred , interesting reading.

It looks like they have changed the format slightly , Category 1 grades 2 and 3 9.15-10.30am 

Category 2 grades 4 and 5  11.00-12.15pm 

Presentation of Junior Award 12.30 pm 

Then it goes on to the senior sections in the afternoon , is this different from last year ? , can anyone give any idea s of numbers and standard and also the average age for 2nd cat Grade 4 and 5 ?

Thank you Legseleven! Almost recovered thank you but she's taking her reintroduction to class slowly on the Physio's advice. :-)

2littledancers, I can't remember what the grade categories were last year but it looks as if they are repeating the procedure of one set of prizes spread over both classes, which is a shame.

• Like 1

That's a pity, it would be nicer if they had a set for each category.

Much better. With travelling, being in the first class of a section last year then having to wait until after the second class for the presentation meant SUCH a long day last time. That was one thing I hoped the RAD would change this year.