Central prep

Ja Sm

Hi, do you mean centrals associate course on a Saturday? My Dd is in prep 3 she auditioned last year and started last September she is in year 10. I do not know if the audition for all ages/levels are the same, bit DD said her audition was a simple ballet class. A teacher

took the class and demonstrated the

exercises,there was also two more people watching. Dd says not to be afraid to speak up if your DD does not understand anything as dd

asked a question about something and the teacher was lovely and really explained the exercise to her.

Dd loves the classes we have to travel 2 1/2

hours each way and alot of people thing we are

mad for doing so, but there has been a big

improvement in her technique since she has

been there.

Edited for spelling

Edited by janice and ellen
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Argggg, the wait is killing me!! The audition letter did say results in 4 weeks, and I know it's only been 2 weeks......and I am trying not to show my dd that I am on edge each morning till the post has been....but...but...

Knew you would understand....

• Like 5

We heard last Thursday, but it was a no. Dd very disappointed and I was very upset, I have to admit. It's certainly a tough world out their. So much talent, so many better dancers, so few places. Heigh ho!

Edited for dodgy spelling

Edited by Ja Sm
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

When DD auditioned for year 11 last year she was one of only two girls to get a place in pre senior ladies, and I think only two or perhaps three places were offered for prep 3 (i'm sure there will be a prep 3 parent out there who can give the correct number if it was more than that :) ). We know a couple of MA's that didn't get places for Central but did for London Senior Ballet.

• Like 1

i did central prep 2 and prep 3. i found all the classes i attended there to be challenging but also very enjoyable. i do not regret being there for two years as i learnt so much! :) its a really great experience and i think it could really benefit anyone :)

• Like 1