Dawid Trzensimiech (leaves Royal Ballet, and ongoing career)

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I knew that yesterday Manon was supposed to be Dawid Trzensimiech last show, but the situation in Bucharest is going to be decided today, later in the afternoon.

Fingers crossed for the best (at least for my idea of the best :-) ).

Edited by annamicro

I'm sorry to hear this, but not surprised.  It was a real step up for him, and I trust he's benefitted from the experience overall.

He danced (among other roles) Armand and Des Grieux, two of his biggest ballet dreams, so for sure a rewarding experience.

its a sad development, but I was also nonplussed as to the reasons of why the original thread was locked....until the moderators felt they had news and they would let us know what it was (there have been a couple of developments since the thread was locked that we have not been able to discuss).

Hmph

If not in UK it's difficult to think to an easiest destination than Bucharest...and cheapest.

I don't know if Trzensimiech goodbye is final: all the rest has absolutely not been defined yet, even if you seem to think the opposite.

As a boxer closed in the corner, somebody in ONB published today the most ridiculous press release (only in Romanian) accusing Cojocaru to be a liar because she said in an interview that Vasiliev was dancing in the cancelled gala (below the link). Clearly this person doesn't know that Vasiliev has already danced in Mikhailovsky Corsaire, that he is a member of that company and that to dance in Bucharest on the 28th of April and be back in Saint Petersburg to dance on the 30th is the easiest thing for a world class ballet star, especially if you have a more than decent flight connection making you back at home at 16.25 on the 29th...

http://www.operanb.ro/stiri/clarificari-privind-gala-internationala-a-dansului-eveniment-care-ar-fi-trebuit-sa-aiba-loc-in-28-aprilie

its a sad development, but I was also nonplussed as to the reasons of why the original thread was locked....until the moderators felt they had news and they would let us know what it was (there have been a couple of developments since the thread was locked that we have not been able to discuss).

Hmph

With respect and unless I myself have misunderstood, the moderators did not say they would let us know what any news might be, as and when they had some. I read that 'we' as collective, as in meaning any of us on the forum. That thread may or may not be reopened as the moderators see fit. I, for one, was glad when it was closed as it was indeed going round in circles, at times was purely speculative and appeared to be descending into a war of attrition over who was right and who was wrong. 

If I am mistaken in this instance, I am quite happy to be corrected.

• Like 7

With respect and unless I myself have misunderstood, the moderators did not say they would let us know what any news might be, as and when they had some. I read that 'we' as collective, as in meaning any of us on the forum. That thread may or may not be reopened as the moderators see fit. I, for one, was glad when it was closed as it was indeed going round in circles, at times was purely speculative and appeared to be descending into a war of attrition over who was right and who was wrong. 

How indeed would anyone post any new news on a locked forum? 

With respect also, if you read, the promotions thread, or most other threads there is quite a lot of back and forth regarding Mcrae/ Salenko and who is right & wrong, much more than in the thread regarding the ONB.

There was also a lot more discussion about the topic, and where there was new activity pretty much every day regarding tweets/ Facebook posts that have been posted. Also, I don't think much was speculation at all, and that most of the developments were based upon a development in one place or another. The fact that google translate had to be used, which is also what JK was using to understand Facebook posts, isn't really speculation.

To be honest, my impression is that the British contingent of the Forum, may not have had too much to add regarding the posts, and may not have been so interested in the views of other ballet fans, but to lock it when only one post was removed, and that actually even though there was debate....it was much more polite than in many other threads.

Developments or 'news' that relates to the ONB have not really been enough to open a new thread, but would have most certainly been newsworthy. Like the fact that Alina posted an email on Twitter from the organiser of the ONB benefit Gala in New York to say that it actually went $90k over budget due to visa issues of the stars, and so apart from 3k raised after the event, no money was actually raised for the ONB at the gala. News which I certainly find interesting and would have like to discuss further. More than arguing over guest artists at the Royal Ballet which has gone around in so many circles it would make an owl dizzy!

Edited by SwissBalletFan

Jacqueline, you are right. SwissBalletFan, this is nothing to do with 'the British contingent'. YOU may not find anything that breaches our AUP, nor comes close to it, but we as moderators have to be very careful in these litigious times. The tone of the thread was also descending to a very unpleasant level. You might find that acceptable, but we don't. We understand that everyone is very passionate about dance and their favourite dancers, but again as moderators we have to wear two hats. We have closed many other threads over the years for the same reason, and for you to insinuate that this has anything to do with nationality is ludicrous. And for your information, I am not British.

When we locked the thread we said that anyone who had any further news about JK and AC would be very welcome to open a new thread; that is because it is a different subject from the one that is locked. It is the future, not the past. Nor is there anything to stop you posting up about Alina's tweet should you have wanted to. We just had to stop the existing thread going in a certain direction, and we will always do the same for any thread that gets nasty, insulting, libellous or breaches our AUP in any other way.

• Like 11

Jacqueline, you are right. SwissBalletFan, this is nothing to do with 'the British contingent'. YOU may not find anything that breaches our AUP, nor comes close to it, but we as moderators have to be very careful in these litigious times. The tone of the thread was also descending to a very unpleasant level. You might find that acceptable, but we don't. We understand that everyone is very passionate about dance and their favourite dancers, but again as moderators we have to wear two hats. We have closed many other threads over the years for the same reason, and for you to insinuate that this has anything to do with nationality is ludicrous. And for your information, I am not British.

When we locked the thread we said that anyone who had any further news about JK and AC would be very welcome to open a new thread; that is because it is a different subject from the one that is locked. It is the future, not the past. Nor is there anything to stop you posting up about Alina's tweet should you have wanted to. We just had to stop the existing thread going in a certain direction, and we will always do the same for any thread that gets nasty, insulting, libellous or breaches our AUP in any other way.

Sim, the only reason I mentioned British contingent was really only because there were at least a couple of posts adding clarifications of the situation for those who were confused about it. I didn't mean anything other from my comment than that the people posting or contributing to the topic are not the 'usual' group of posters that comment more about the issues in Ballet regarding the UK. I wouldn't really read so much into my comment other than that.

Anyway, I have reread the whole thread regarding the ONB, and I am confused about the 'bucket' of overall reasons for closing that particular thread. I don't in any way read 'nasty, insulting' posts, however I can understand in someway points about maybe legal aspects to protect the Forum.

I believe I have learned from feedback about posts and experience on this forum, and I would respectfully ask that the difference between members' behaviour or language and legal aspects be detailed, otherwise other threads may be as abruptly closed as the ONB one.

Can I just say that I for one was heartily glad when the Moderators finally got round to closing the original thread. It was becoming repetitive, unhelpful and increasingly unpleasant. If there is any new and verified information about the Company, the key players and their futures then I certainly look forward to hearing it. Meanwhile the Moderators made the right call and we should support them. It's time to move on.

Edited by David
  • Like 9

Dawid's experience at ONB has added a number of important roles to his repertory. He is a talented dancer so I imagine that it will not be long before we hear that he has got another contract. It will be interesting to see what he does next. But please can we now wait until we actually have some real information about his next move

Edited by FLOSS
  • Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Dawid Trzensimiech has just announced that he is joining Polish National Ballet as a principal, starting from the 4th of May

I'd love it if he would return to the Royal Ballet but I wish him the best of luck.

Susan

• Like 1

Relieved to hear that Dawid has found a new post.  I dare say his family are pleased he will be back in Poland!  Would love to see him dance in the UK again soon too.  Congratulations to Dawid on his new appointment.

• Like 11

• 1 month later...