Lower school audition results 2014

JulieW

My DD got her dream letter today, getting in to White Lodge! We are all shell shocked and can't quite believe it and so far hasn't really sunk in!! We are so sorry for the nos, but you are all amazing dancers and don't let anybody tell you otherwise!! We've met loads of lovely people on route through this long process and we wish everyone the best of luck with whatever they choose to do xx ????

• Like 11

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My DD got her dream letter today, getting in to White Lodge! We are all shell shocked and can't quite believe it and so far hasn't really sunk in!! We are so sorry for the nos, but you are all amazing dancers and don't let anybody tell you otherwise!! We've met loads of lovely people on route through this long process and we wish everyone the best of luck with whatever they choose to do xx

Lovely news Pirouette26 big congrats to your dd ;)

My dd has just opened letter and she has been put on a waiting list for WL does anyone know how many get this and is there any likelihood if people not accepting their place?

My DD got her dream letter today, getting in to White Lodge! We are all shell shocked and can't quite believe it and so far hasn't really sunk in!! We are so sorry for the nos, but you are all amazing dancers and don't let anybody tell you otherwise!! We've met loads of lovely people on route through this long process and we wish everyone the best of luck with whatever they choose to do xx

Fantastic news big congratulations

Axx

Welcome to the forum Jjnbex - what a great debut posting  :D

And congratulations on the waiting list - frustrating as it may seem!

And congratulations too to Pirouette and your daughter - I remember opening that letter so clearly even after 10 years (and I generally have an appalling memory!)

And to our teachers - so happy for you and please pass on my congratulations.

• Like 4

Congratulations to your DD's Pirouette26 & Jjnbex & to your student Plié. Thanks Picturesinfirelight for the hugs message for my student who got a no it's really hard to have one yes & one no as everyone is celebrating the good news for the yes and the little one who has a no is very sad.

• Like 2

Flowerdew, I have the same situation with 1 yes and 1 no for my pupils!! Its very hard for them to accept but it makes them stronger and prepares them for the tough world they are choosing to go in to.

• Like 2

Flowerdew, I have the same situation with 1 yes and 1 no for my pupils!! Its very hard for them to accept but it makes them stronger and prepares them for the tough world they are choosing to go in to.

Yes I agree and was wondering that Plié! My daughter has said she feels quite determined in her quest to want to be a dancer and realises now that potentially there are many routes to fulfill that as I have read on the forums. I have shared some of these stories with her and she is feeling a lot more upbeat and happier now that her dream may not happen at this point but further down the line!

Axx

• Like 3

I know its hard for the "no" s but they will accept the situation quickly and be very pleased for their fellow dancers as everyone knows it is such an achievement to actually get in to White Lodge.

When I was going through this many moons ago the two who actually got in (one boy and one girl) were exceptional and we all knew it!!

Both went on to have careers one eventually with the Company(the boy) and the girl had several jobs before ending up with Pans People I think It was called but one of those groups who danced on Top of the Pops. ......not exactly ballet but all those girls were really good dancers.

It's funny how it lurks though.....whenever I go for a walk in Richmond Park with friends I always want to go past the White Lodge bit.....just to see it still to this day!!!

• Like 3

It's tough when they're so young...although good preparation for a tough profession, I suppose. Has she applied anywhere else, Flowerdew?

I agree Marianne & I've said this to her mum! Yes she has applied to Elmhurst and waiting for news!

Hugs to your pupil Plié who got a no!

Glad to hear your dd is feeling happier and determined to keep going Amber21 :)

• Like 2

My dd's school have a celebration assembly in church and her headmistress told me they were going to celebrate my dd's achievement on getting to the WL finals and explain to the children how difficult this is. This kind gesture will hopefully go someway to helping my dd feel better about getting a no and also appreciating how fantastically well she did to get so far.:-)

• Like 10

Congratulations for the WL yes's... Massive achievement you all must be so proud. So Sorry for the no's but you have to remember how talented your children are to have gotten to the finals as I know not many made it that far

• Like 2

I have a sad DD who got a no from WL final. It makes it harder as her friend got in. We are going to do some fun non dancing things.......and wait for Elmhurst Final results.

Oh dear your poor dd ;(

Hope she's feeling less sad soon... Fingers crossed for elmhurst results ;)

Oh and welcome to the forum fudge ;)

• Like 1

I have a sad DD who got a no from WL final.  It makes it harder as her friend got in.  We are going to do some fun non dancing things.......and wait for Elmhurst Final results.

Sorry to hear your news Fudge. . . . Big hugs to you and the other DD's too who received nos. My dd knows a few of the girls who got in and is looking forward to keeping in contact with them. Good luck for further results!

Axx

After the original disappointment of msking it through Trings funding audition and getting to physio and then a No email .... We are delighted to have had a call yesterday and my DD has been offered a MDS award at Tring. We are absolutely buzzing right now :-)

• Like 29

After the original disappointment of msking it through Trings funding audition and getting to physio and then a No email .... We are delighted to have had a call yesterday and my DD has been offered a MDS award at Tring. We are absolutely buzzing right now :-)

What wonderful news , so happy for you

• Like 1

Can i ask, has anyone actually heard of any year 7s getting the mds at tring? Reading the web site, they are meant to be seen giving them to year 7s to help start them off. Also heard that the ones who have been assessed out of wl have prob been given the funding at tring, could this be right? X