Any problems with RAD Video downloads?

Ian Macmillan

Has anyone else out there experienced difficulties in getting any of the recent RAD videos with the new Grade syllabi, purchased via the RAD's iPad app, to download properly?

The domestic experience here with this has not been good, despite our having a good in-house Broadband link that seems to cope with anything else - including the iTunes purchase transactions - perfectly adequately.  After a series of 'slow downloads' that finally kept failing, a suggested uninstall/reinstall has lost all previous purchases on one tablet, and it is now mired in a repeating and futile cycle of pressing "Restore Purchases" and "Sign in to iTunes Store."  

I bought the Adv foundation yesterday through the app..took a couple of goes in that it told me a few times that my internet not fast enough though it worked in the end. I then appeared to have bought two...though one had magically disappeared in the morning and i then got receipt through itunes for one. So, all ok and a good way to access the material though i realise now it can't be sold on secondhand like the dvd!

• 1 year later...

I've recently bought the Intermediate exam syllabus which originally downloaded.  We had to delete it but when we tried to re-load it it said the internet connection wasn't strong enough which just isn't true as we have a very fast system and can download films etc.  We've tried the usual re-loading, managing storage space etc but no luck.  Is anyone else having trouble?

• 1 month later...

Can I ask if anyone else has had their RAD download purchases effectively wiped out by activating the recent 17 March RAD 'bug fixing' update, as appears to have occurred on my wife's iPad?  Not only that, but the formatting of what now appears (thumbnails plus 'Buy Now') seems to have gone awry.  The circumstantial evidence that the update has caused all the problems is that, on a iPad Mini where the update has not been activated, all is well.

An Uninstall + Reinstall has not helped.

I had an email from RAD app developer the other day in response to my complaint and they have applied a fix and the videos I've purchased all working perfectly now :)

They've said they'll refund the one I requested a refund for without quibble but I have to do it through iTunes/apple

My dd really likes using them compared with DVDs as so useful to watch from phone or iPad

• 5 months later...

I regret having to return to the topic of RAD DVD downloads to iPad but, for the last two weeks or so, with nothing done to change any settings, my wife has been finding a new problem.  Essentially, when a dance from a Grade is selected, the system defaults to an entry, normally 'Pliés,' and not the item selected.  Experience has shown that she can then fiddle the forward/back buttons to get from there to the item she wants.  Is anyone else finding similar difficulties? 

I purchased the Intermediate syllabus in July and I have the same issue. Regardless of what exercise you select it always goes to 'Pliés' and then you have to hit forward then back again to view the exercise you wanted to watch. 

I reported it to RAD when I purchased the video, as I also had the same issues with download as described above, but they simply said they'd let their app developers know. So they've obviously not fixed it in at least 2 months. 

Just read this post and glad I did ! One of my DD will be starting RAD cert of ballet teaching in Jan and after looking at RAD website thought the download would be easiest but obviously not ! Can I ask what would be best as she needs to know the syllabus up to intermediate ! What are the DVDs like ! Thanks for any info