"Devil Baby" prank goes viral.

Lisa O`Brien

I love Horror films; not the gory ones where teenagers take off all their clothes and end up getting sliced to ribbons, but the ones that give you a damn good scare. We have been blessed with a plethora of them recently; Insidious,Paranormal Activity,The Conjuring ,etc. Now it seems there`s a new one to scare the bejeesus out of us. The producers of the film made an animatronic "Devil Baby" and set it loose on the people of New York to publicise their film. The video on You Tube of people being scared senseless has gone viral in the last 24 hours. It`s a good laugh seeing their reactions. Can`t wait to see the film now.! Sorry,as usual,being the 46 year old Techno dinosaur I am i don`t know how to attach the video from You Tube. But if you go on YT then type in Devil Baby it takes you straight to it, including footage of how they made "it."

The film has got pretty poor reviews online today. They say it`s simply an updated version of Rosemary`s Baby. It`s another one of these ,what i`ve today just found out they call "found footage" films.Think The Blair Witch Project  was the first. You know the type,where the family/couple,[ i.e.victims] have a camcorder,and everything is filmed through their eyes,and later on the same camcorder is found,after the family/victims have been either slaughtered or are never to be seen again.Oh well suppose i`ll go and see it for the craic; there`s a 9.30 showing of it tonight. Better than being stuck in the house on my own.

I've never been keen on horror films since I was at uni, when we went to see a student's union screening of what was supposed to be "Airplane!" I think, and they'd been screening "The Exorcist" the night before and forgotten to change the reel of film over, just rewound it, so the lights went down, the projector started and we were right in the middle of the spinning head and projectile vomiting bit.  Ugh.