English National Ballet at St Paul's, July 3

• 3 weeks later...

Last time ENB were at St Paul's I was lucky enough to be sitting in one of the press seats in the third row of the front nave. Even from there, we could barely see the dancers' legs and feet. I remember people who sat at the sides of the stage, in the transept, reported being able to see better than those of us who were facing the stage. I'm afraid that I don't remember where, in the transept, they were sitting.

Edited by Bluebird

I was at the last performance there in 2009. The front section of seats seemed to be reserved for press and VIPS. I sat at the front of the next section facing the stage and could not see the feet which was very surreal in "Les Sylphides" - hearing the gentle rumble of the bourrees - and of course we lost the final position of "The Dying Swan"! The piece that came off best was Thomas Edur's new work which was mainly pas de deux with a lot of high lifts. Unless they have raised the stage by about a foot to eighteen inches, my advice would be to get a seat near a pillar so that you can stand up if you want to see anything below the knees. People were allowed to do this last time. Last time was a very special event, despite the restricted view, as it was the last performance given by Thomas Edur and Agnes Oaks with ENB.

• 1 month later...

There was an offer for 1/3 off tickets for this in yesterday's METRO. Unfortunately, it's sitting at home and I'm not, so I can't provide any further details.

Hoping it's not too late: online code is 11627, or "MetroCOLFoffer" if you speak to a human being. The discount is actually 30%.