Pendleton College Salford - Dance

lyndsaye

Has anyone any feedback regarding the Alevel and BTEC Dance courses offered at Pendleton College ?

My daughter is 16 and has been dacing since the age of 3 , we cant afford the Hammond , Kate simmons etc..... and she doesnt want to just do alevels at a sixth form   

Pendleton College offers Alevel dance and BTEC dance , we know lots of students doing the Musical Theatre course but no one who just does the dance

She has had an interview and passed the Audition but would like some feedback

And help appreciated

Hello lyndsaye.I have no idea about Pendleton college or their dance course. Just wondered if you are from the Manchester area or familiar with it? Don`t want to put you off,and i`m sure as a college it`s probably very good. But the same can not be said for Pendleton the area. We moved from Pendleton in Salford,Manchester in 1999 [it`s the area that Coronation Street is vaguely based on]. I know the Government pumped tens of millions into the area in it`s urban regeneration scheme ,but there was a reason I upped sticks with my two year old son to Ireland. I`m not saying that this is necessarily the area she will be living in as well,although i`d imagine it would be pretty close to the college. You will both need to find out for yourselves,of course,and I may be completely wrong.The whole area could be completely transformed [along with the type of people who used to live there]. All I would say is ,do a bit of homework as to where your daughter would be staying and have a long,hard think.

Hi Lyndsaye, Pendleton college has a very good reputation for musical theatre courses and dance. My daughter dances and a friend of mine lives in the area couldn't praise it high enough. I was in fact in the area before Christmas and can honestly say the area was clean and well kept and considering it being a city was better than any of the areas i have taken my daughter to for summer schools in the past. I live in Cornwall and have for the past twenty years when my daughter is sixteen she wants to audition for the northern ballet school in Manchester have you thought about about auditioning there as well. Good luck

• Like 1

Hi Lyndsaye, Pendleton college has a very good reputation for musical theatre courses and dance. My daughter dances and a friend of mine lives in the area couldn't praise it high enough. I was in fact in the area before Christmas and can honestly say the area was clean and well kept and considering it being a city was better than any of the areas i have taken my daughter to for summer schools in the past. I live in Cornwall and have for the past twenty years when my daughter is sixteen she wants to audition for the northern ballet school in Manchester have you thought about about auditioning there as well. Good luck

Delighted to hear the area has improved. I wouldn`t mind my son [if he wanted to] applying to University of Salford in a few years. But on The Student Room everyone says the area is really bad. As I said, I haven`t lived there since 1999,but it was as bad as it could possibly get at the time. Are any of you watching Channel 4`s Benefits Street at the moment? Just reminded me of Pendleton. But Curious is absolutely right, and you have to go by how the area is now, not how it used to be.

One of my pupils is in her last year at Pendleton, she went there to improve her musical theatre to prep her for auditions for vocational mt/dance training.

The MT side of the course is very strong, and they really do prepare them well with material for auditions etc however the dance side I don't believe is enough to solely rely on, it varies in levels and most of the pupils remain taking class at their local dance schools, which in my opinion is necessary.

I couldn't sing higher praises for their MT training though.

Hope this helps!