ENB's Daniel Jones retires

Danny is a very talented photographer and film-maker ("Agony and Ecstasy" was his conception) so has lots of options to pursue now.  Sadly, at the end of yesterday's performance there was no public acknowledgement of his retirement after 22 years (he has calculated almost 8.000 days!) of service to the company but the sharp-sighted may have spotted his wife, Kei Akahoshi, carrying a huge bundle around as a merchant in Act I.  The bundle contained their 10-month-old son making his stage debut, blissfully asleep.  Perhaps he may follow in his parents' footsteps!

• Like 8

I did wonder about Kei's "bundle" yesterday, but soon became so engrossed in both her and Daniel's fabulous acting in the market place scenes, that I had forgotten until you mentioned it here.

I wish Daniel the very best for his retirement - while I find it hard to imagine the ENB stage without him, I do hope that his many other talents will mean that we remain very much aware of his future endeavours.

And of course with Kei back in fine form on stage (not to mention the prospect of the occasional appearance from Luca), we'll still have plenty of performances to enjoy from the Jones family..........

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I have just heard that he is doing a workshop in Hertfordshire during half term! I saw it on facebook -

Not sure if anyone is interested?

It is on the Jo De Souza Dance Centre facebook page

I think also on the school website www.jodesouzadancecentre.com

I am happy he is going to stay in the dance circle - i reckon he has alot to offer with all his experience!

• Like 1

Yes another wonderful dancer - I am still in touch with her! She shouldn't have retired so early - I saw her teaching at move it and she still looked gorgeous.Her daughter seems to be following her footsteps so im watching out for her name!

Not in the loop with what is happening at NBT but thats another thing Ill be following on here - This forum is great!!!!!

• Like 1