Bolshoi Ballet at Lincoln Centre - Summer 2014

NEW YORK — Cate Blanchett, a kabuki theatre company from Japan and the full force of the mighty Bolshoi’s ballet, opera, chorus and orchestra companies will be the highlights of this summer’s Lincoln Center Festival.

The festival announced Wednesday that its works will include the Bolshoi Ballet’s Swan Lake, Don Quixote and Spartacus, as well as the Bolshoi Opera, Orchestra and Chorus performing Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov’s The Tsar’s Bride.

The Bolshoi’s ballet dancers will include Svetlana Zakharova, David Hallberg, Maria Alexandrova, Ekaterina Shipulina, Vladislav Lantratov, Olga Smirnova and Ekaterina Krysanova.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………….

Artists and ensembles from 11 countries will be represented at the festival, which runs from July 7 through Aug. 16. The shows will be held in six venues on and off the Lincoln Center campus.

The Bolshoi’s ballet dancers will include Svetlana Zakharova, David Hallberg, Maria Alexandrova, Ekaterina Shipulina, Vladislav Lantratov, Olga Smirnova and Ekaterina Krysanova.

How wonderful to see Alexandrova's name included after that truly horrid incident which occurred at the ROH last summer.  Most encouraging. 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Many thanks Amelia, that is indeed a lovely video, and wonderful how it fits with the music! That rain reminded me a lot of my early years in NYC so a nostalgia trip for me!

Already nostalgic and I was just there. I saw two Swan Lakes with Svetlana Zakharova and two with Olga Smirnova and thought that they were exceptional. I arrived at the end of the rain and took my usual walk from W. 74th to Lincoln Center through Central Park with some whistling, but no "singing and dancing." There weren't too many of us. Beautiful walk. Beautiful performances.

All the performances were sold out. I waited at the stage door Sunday to get a glimpse of Olga Smirnova. She's gorgeous. She was also as lovely as could be, along with her dancing partner, Semyon Chudin, to everyone wanting to talk to her. Many other dancers passed by and were just as nice as this video clip implies.

Edited by Buddy