Concussion just before Auditions!!

tomuchtallent

My poor dd has had a bad couple of weeks!

She has had 3 bad blows to the head at separate times at school.The last time she was knocked out and when she came to she couldnt see for 10 minutes and was numb all over.She had to spend the night in hospital and have all sorts of scans.The hospital have said that she is suffering from concussion and she must not read,watch tv or do any activities for up to 10 days.She cant even move her head a little without it hurting.

She is never accident prone and it couldnt come at a worse time as that evening we were going to film the rest of her DVD audition and send it off before travelling to England in 10 days for her Elmhurst and RBS auditions!

She is so upset about not doing the DVD as she worked so hard and also missing classes before the auditions.

I think i should rap her up in cotton wool for a while and then we might make it to England!

My poor dd has had a bad couple of weeks!

She has had 3 bad blows to the head at separate times at school.The last time she was knocked out and when she came to she couldnt see for 10 minutes and was numb all over.She had to spend the night in hospital and have all sorts of scans.The hospital have said that she is suffering from concussion and she must not read,watch tv or do any activities for up to 10 days.She cant even move her head a little without it hurting.

She is never accident prone and it couldnt come at a worse time as that evening we were going to film the rest of her DVD audition and send it off before travelling to England in 10 days for her Elmhurst and RBS auditions!

She is so upset about not doing the DVD as she worked so hard and also missing classes before the auditions.

I think i should rap her up in cotton wool for a while and then we might make it to England!

I hope your poor dd is feeling better very soon... I'm sure she will bounce back very quickly as she is fit and healthy ;) safe journey to the uk and very best wishes for the dvd and auditions...

Cx

• Like 1

spannerandpony,

the first on was in a sports lesson,the second a door and the worst was at break time while playing a sports game with much older girls.She got thrown in the air and landed backwards on the head!

Good heavens! I think I'd be having a word with the school! (And banning dd from playing games like that!)

• Like 7

Oh my goodness! Poor thing. A rest is not going to be a bad thing though in terms of the UK auditions; she's already put in the hard work. A bit of gentle limbering or Pilates in the few days before might be good if she's getting restless.

As for the DVD - can you contact the school? Maybe they'll see you while you're in the UK?

• Like 4

Thank you all for the kind wishes and support.

My dd is feeling better today.

What upsets me is that nobody over here seems to understand how important and exciting these auditions are to my dd.People dont take her seriously about wanting to go to vocational dance school that is also boarding.So more people were happy thinking she wouldnt be able to go to audition after all.

We will be able to film the rest of the dvd next friday lucky enough,just in time before we come over.

Thanks again xxx

sending you all good wishes and lots of sympathy- my DS certainly recovered from his concussion much faster than I expected, so with luck your DD will be the same- the resilience of youth!! good luck for the auditions too x

• Like 1

I feel for you, my daughter cut the bottom of her foot open the week before her elmhurst and tring audition in November, it was awful she was still on crutches the day before the audition as every time she walked on it the cut would open up. She wasn't able to do any prep classes leading up to it she just had to rest it. Amazingly she performed fab at the audition so maybe the rest and relaxation was good for her in hindsight and I think I did all the worrying for her that week. Good luck to your DD I hope she feels better in time x

• Like 1