Jazz pants sizing help please

Lemongirl

Does anyone know if you can get jazz pants in different lengths?

I bought a pair from Dance Boutique for Tring associates and dd says they are tight on the thigh and waist but too long! I think they are arabesque size 2a. I know they can be shortened but if I go up a size they'll be even longer and will be a lot to take up!

Dd is about 5'1" and average build.

If I remember rightly, my dd had Freed Ladies' Small jazz pants at that age, on the basis that they were little enough on the waist but the right length.

They were quite matt cotton lycra; do they have to be shiny lycra for TPA?

I do think with Jazz Pants it's worth trying several makes on for size as they vary so much.

I know Capezio and Danse-Ez do 2 leg lengths in some of their styles but I think they go the other way and do extra long legs not shorter.  Capezio are 32" and 34" leg.  The childs goes up to size 12-14 and is leg length 25".  As spanner says they do vary considerably between makes.  It took several attempts to find approved jazz pants for DD for vocational school.  some websites are better than others on sizing info.  I looked at The Dance Locker's website as younger DD needs some too and is only 1" taller than your DD.

Sorry Lemongirl; Dd stopped TPA several years ago. Back then they just had to be full length matt black Jazz pants and they didn't mind which make. I don't want to mis-advise you though in case current uniform is different.

Assuming the specified ones from Dancing Boutique are full length, I would go with full length. In terms of particular make I wouldn't think it matters too much assuming they look similar?

I had this problem last year and found just the right ones on the website of Limelight Dance and Gym .....arabesque jazz pants come in short , standard and long . The owner communicated very nicely with us and measured the length for us so that we got the perfect fit for an exam !

• Like 1