Cameron asks Shaun Ryder to advise on class and help to detox Tories: Observer

Amnesty for hosepipe owners as drought bites: Independent on Sunday

*James Bond and The Queen to open The Olympic Games: The Sun

Gmail Tap - the future of smartphone emails

The 10 best April fools: The Observer

…and more: The Telegraph

* maybe this one's true!

• Like 1

Anyone know the Daily Mail one this year? They had me utterly fooled a few years ago with the joke that Tony Blair had painted 10 Downing Street's door. :-)

There's a story in The Mail on Sunday about a proposed tax on chilled champagne which is reasonably believable until they mention Babycham!

• Like 1

I sometimes wonder if they are joking... :-s

No, just ignorant. And they're by no means the only ones: I wonder about Guardian readers too, sometimes, and ...

Thanks for the above, everyone. I was bemoaning the fact that, it being Sunday, I wasn't going to be able to read them in the papers. My favourite BMW one is I think still the one with the BMW badge which is provided with its own "windscreen wiper" (I think that's "windshield wiper" to you, Anjuli?), although there was another really good one many years ago which escapes me.

• Like 1

BritHotelSpeak (as spoken in NZ - on the way to Oz) landed me in a lot of trouble when I called ahead and asked for a cot to be added to our room arrangements and we found a infant crib waiting for us. My ten yr.old son was not amused.

And, I do have to say that you lot (y'all) have ruined my spelling. So I'm going to get that sorted during the spring hols. But first I need to put in a supply of bisquits and crisps so when I go to the ballet and sit in the gods, I can munch with the best, pon my honour.

• Like 1