Royal Ballet 2013/14 Period 4 Casting

Most of the casting for the two mixed bills is now back on the ROH website.  However, the  casting for the New Marriott is no longer there. For the other works, the names appear to be the same but, for some unfathomable reason,  the Serenade mixed bill names are listed in a different order!  Still no casting for The Concert.

Edited to add links (for ease of reference).

http://www.roh.org.uk/mixed-programmes/the-dream-new-marriott-the-concert

http://www.roh.org.uk/mixed-programmes/serenade-sweet-violets-dgv

Edited by Bluebird

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yes, but IMHO the acceptable use policy forbids discussion of that here.

Ok, cool. I was just curious whether it was surgery related etc and they would be out for months.

Just noticed Cope has also been replaced. That's annoying. Was really looking forward to seeing her in SV.

Ok, cool. I was just curious whether it was surgery related etc and they would be out for months.

Just noticed Cope has also been replaced. That's annoying. Was really looking forward to seeing her in SV.

I think she is still dancing but as Annie in First Cast and Marie in Second, just not Emily which she created so vividly...

I can understand that she must feel a bit stuck...

Let's not speculate on matters like that.  There are a myriad of reasons (good, bad, indifferent...) why someone may take a sabbatical, most of which will never be known by anyone other than the person themselves, close friends and family and their employer (which, IMHO, is as it should be).

• Like 3

I think she is still dancing but as Annie in First Cast and Marie in Second, just not Emily which she created so vividly...

Thanks. Didn't notice that.

Also just noticed Pennefather is still listed for DGV,so hopefully that is a sign he is back dancing but easing in to it.

It has been well publicised (so I'm not breaking anyone's confidence) that the main reason for Leanne Cope's sabatical is to appear in Christopher Wheeldon's staged version of the musical "An American in Paris" which is to have it's premiere at the Chatalet Theatre in Paris in December prior,it is hoped,to New York. Leanne will be dancing the role created by Leslie Caron in the '50s movie.

• Like 2

It has been well publicised (so I'm not breaking anyone's confidence) that the main reason for Leanne Cope's sabatical is to appear in Christopher Wheeldon's staged version of the musical "An American in Paris" which is to have it's premiere at the Chatalet Theatre in Paris in December prior,it is hoped,to New York. Leanne will be dancing the role created by Leslie Caron in the '50s movie.

Yep - and good for her!

• Like 1

Actually, the casting for the actual show has not been publicly confirmed so you are breaking confidences.  Leanne Cope workshopped the role and I'm hoping she will be dancing in the real show.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure there's actually anything new since you posted in April, chrischris, is there? 

DGV had been updated, and has been updated again, as per bluebird's post.

Wonder whether this means changes to the R&J casts for the tour.

There was a very illuminating Insight about Alastair Marriott's Connectome last night - modestly elucidated and coached by the choreographer and his assistant, Jonathan Howells and with a helpful input from the Cover Conductor Martin Georgiev.

We also had the bonus of seeing the first cast in full - Osipova, McRae and Watson (as advertised) supported by a group of young men Marriott first encountered when making pieces at the Royal Ballet School. They are: Luca Acri, Matthew Ball, Tomas Mock and Marcelino Sambe.