Royal Ballet 2013/14 Period 4 Casting

Casting has been announced for The Dream, the New Marriott, and the Serenade/Sweet Violets/DGV mixed bill.  The Concert is still TBA.

http://www.roh.org.uk/mixed-programmes/serenade-sweet-violets-dgv

http://www.roh.org.uk/mixed-programmes/the-dream-new-marriott-the-concert

If you click on each date you'll find the casting details but I'm pretty sure they contain an error as 'Golding' is listed as Solomon Golding whereas I think it's almost certain it should be listed as Matthew Golding.

Edited by Bluebird

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some very interesting (and exciting!) casts...

Personally, I'm very excited to see both Serenade casts: Nunez/Cuthbertson/Hamilton and Lamb/Osipova/Cowley. Both should be stunning but very different! 

Also a test for the newcomers to see what they're like in an Ashton piece - Osipova and Golding to dance Titania/Oberon in The Dream (although I'm personally more excited about the Morera/Bonelli cast).

So Ricardo loses out yet again in the casting of Oberon. :-(

What did you expect?

Oh well, if I go into a number of The Dream performances with low expectations, perhaps I'll be pleasantly surprised, unlike in the last run.

Have to admit, though, that I didn't expect to see Osipova/Watson in the new Marriott piece.

But I do wish whoever puts these casts up would learn to punctuate: surely there's a female missing from the first night in DGV?  Or something?  And there's someone missing from the first night of the new Marriott, now I look more closely.  McRae in later performances, but surely not after he's just danced Oberon?

And is casting for The Concert down to the Robbins estate?

But I do wish whoever puts these casts up would learn to punctuate: surely there's a female missing from the first night in DGV?  Or something?  And there's someone missing from the first night of the new Marriott, now I look more closely.  McRae in later performances, but surely not after he's just danced Oberon?

If you click on the date you'll see that McRae is scheduled to dance The Dream and the new Marriott on the first night.

I hope the following is correct.  Since the listing on the production pages seemed incomplete, I've copied and pasted it from the individual performance pages.  I've naturally assumed there was an error in the listing for Golding and have taken the liberty of correcting it.

Sat  May 31 and June 5

The Dream: Roberta Marquez, Steven McRae

New Marriott: Natalia Osipova, Edward Watson, Steven McRae

June 6 and 12

The Dream: Natalia Osipova, (Matthew) Golding

New Marriott: Sarah Lamb, Ricardo Cervera, Alexander Campbell

The Concert: TBA

June 10 and 13

The Dream: Laura Morera, Federico Bonelli,

New Marriott: Natalia Osipova, Edward Watson, Steven McRae

The Concert: TBA

May 14 21 and 26 eve

Serenade: Marianela Nuñez, Lauren Cuthbertson, Melissa Hamilton, (Matthew) Golding, Ryoichi Hirano

Sweet Violets: Leanne Cope, Lauren Cuthbertson, Laura Morera,

TBA,Thiago Soares, Rupert Pennefather, Federico Bonelli,

Steven McRae

DGV: Zenaida Yanowsky, Natalia Osipova, Marianela Nuñez,

Laura Morera, Eric Underwood, Edward Watson, Thiago Soares,

Federico Bonelli

May 17, 24 and 26 mat

Serenade: Sarah Lamb, Natalia Osipova, Olivia Cowley, Rupert Pennefather, Valeri Hristov

Sweet Violets: Meaghan Grace Hinkis, Laura Morera, Leanne Cope,

Marianela Nuñez, Thomas Whitehead, Bennet Gartside, Ricardo Cervera,

Alexander Campbell

DGV:Tierney Heap, Akane Takada, Melissa Hamilton,Itziar Mendizabal,

Ryoichi Hirano, Tristan Dyer, Rupert Pennefather, Nehemiah Kish

Edited by Bluebird
  • Like 3

Many thanks for this, I had written down the dates from somewhere and it had May 23 but not the 17th for the Serenade programme, but I'm sure this latest is correct, also Monday 26 May is a Bank Holiday for people who have to travel, such an exciting programme and not many performances!

Thanks for the Solomon Golding info. Well he certainly looks gorgeous! If his dancing matches one can assume he will be a star!! So hopefully WILL get his chance at Oberon one of these days!(not too far off I hope)

• Like 1

From what I've seen of them I'm afraid that I can't see either of them in this role. I thought that Momoko at BRB was really good last year, and that's the kind of dancer I imagine in the role, but I'm no expert on Ashton (or any other choreographer, for that matter) and so I may be wrong.

It would be a dream to watch "The Dream" danced by those younger talents in the lower ranks!  

The current bunch of lower ranked dancers are far more exciting to watch (compared to many "sitting" in the higher ranks)  IMO

• Like 1

Go into what's on and scroll down to upcoming productions then scroll down(lot of opera) and Winters Tale will appear. click on any performance date and you will see the cast

I still don't see the cast. For the Dream mixed bill I mean, not WT.

• Like 1