ENB Romeo and Juliet Casting June 2014

Could that be ANY clearer?  I don't think so.  One (well, me at any rate) REALLY wonders WHO now to believe ... ??????!!!

Try with ENB :-) : http://blog.ballet.org.uk/daria-klimentova-farewell-performances-romeo-juliet-royal-albert-hall/

"Daria Klimentová, English National Ballet Lead Principal and one of the most respected and accomplished stars of classical ballet, has announced she will retire after dancing the role of Juliet at the Royal Albert Hall in June. Vadim Muntagirov, with whom she has formed one of the most admired ballet partnerships of modern times, will return to the Company to play Romeo in Derek Deane’s spectacular production of Romeo & Juliet in-the-round."

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bless you for this, Annamicro.  This must be fairly recent.  I wonder why ENB made that previous statement when things were obviously not yet firm?  I will so look forward to these performances.  (Funny, this is just as I suspected when I made my first - (of two) - comments on the board announcing Muntagirov's joining the Royal Ballet.) Again, much thanks for the clarity.  

Edited by Meunier

It is, indeed, excellent news that Daria Klimentova and Vadim Muntagirov will dance together in Romeo and Juliet at the Royal Albert Hall. I have a feeling that some posters on balletcoforum now owe Muntagirov an apology for what was said on the thread about his move to the Royal Ballet.

Of course, there is now the sad news that Klimentova will, indeed, retire this summer. Daria, thank you for your beautiful dancing over so many years. We will miss you so much.

Edited by capybara
  • Like 6

I don't want to go over old ground, but balletgoers are entitled to rely on a clear (published) statement from ENB that Vadim would *not* be dancing at the RAH. We will never know whether that original statement was accurate at the time and there have been subsequent negotiations resulting in Daria and Vadim performing together or whether it was inaccurate or premature because a decision had not yet been made. I feel that the press department at ENB has been at fault here. On a happier note, it's great to see that Daria's last performances will be with Vadim and that she will have a fitting end to her career. I wonder what she will do next.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

For those who would like to see more of Elena Glurdjidze than her one performance as Juliet, she is appearing as Lady Capulet in the Begona Cao/Junor Souza performance on Friday 20 June.  There may be more but that is the only one I know about at present.