Weird clicking from my knee

munchkin16

My eldest dd is a bundle of clicking bones, toes, hips, knee you name it.  When she made me listen to her feet I whisked her straight to physio to get checked.  All is ok, she's just a clicky person!  I would however always get anything that worries you checked out.

• Like 1

Usually If it's not painful I'd say it's not an issue but the fact that you've said it's the side of your knee and it has appeared today, and is now almost constant makes me slightly nervous. Rest overnight and see what it's doing tomorrow. If it's still clicking whenever you walk or do pretty much anything I'd get it checked out just to be sure.

• Like 3

Usually If it's not painful I'd say it's not an issue but the fact that you've said it's the side of your knee and it has appeared today, and is now almost constant makes me slightly nervous.

That was what I thought, too.

Thank you for the quick replies, I do also click everywhere but mostly hips and ankles, occasionally toes after pointe. This sounds different though, normally its more like a crack in my hips but this is a definite click down the edge of my knee and ankle. I know I should get it checked but it feels silly to go to the doctors for this! Supposed to be doing tae kwondo tomorrow at school, not sure if I'm just overeacting, it doesnt hurt...

Thank you for the quick replies, I do also click everywhere but mostly hips and ankles, occasionally toes after pointe. This sounds different though, normally its more like a crack in my hips but this is a definite click down the edge of my knee and ankle. I know I should get it checked but it feels silly to go to the doctors for this! Supposed to be doing tae kwondo tomorrow at school, not sure if I'm just overeacting, it doesnt hurt...

I bet your doctor would rather you come in feeling silly than wait until something really goes wrong.

• Like 1

That is what made me hesitant about the doctor, last time I waited an hour to be told what I already knew! Dont have a physio that I know of but I could ask my osteopath? I Googled it and something called runners knee came up but its probably nothing, the constant sound is just disturbing!