Friedemann Vogel to guest with English National Ballet

If he's coming to dance in R&J who will he be dancing with? Not Tamara, unless Carlos has pulled out. I have been wondering whether Daria is going to retire after R&J  and wanted to dance with Friedemann - one of her favourite partners - again, but I would be surpised if she did not dance her last performance with Vadim.

Yes, they did in Tokyo. But my friends who saw the performance said Vogel was too tall for Alina, so not a good match and not much of a chemistry. Vogel has guested in ENB before with Alicia Amatriain of Stuttgart Ballet in Romeo and Juliet. And he has danced Manon with Daria Klimentova.

Well, having danced with Vadim in several performances, Alina is used to dancing with a tall partner now. It's hard for chemistry to be felt in the huge arena of the RAH anyway and, dancing there, it is an advantage for Friedemann to be tall.

But my friends who saw the performance said Vogel was too tall for Alina, so not a good match and not much of a chemistry.

Vadim also appears tall for Alina but that is not coming across as a problem.

And he has danced Manon with Daria Klimentova.

Those performances were very fine, I recall. But I still want to see Daria and Vadim together in R&J.

[Whoops! Posted at the same moment as Aileen's comment, it seems!!]  

Edited by capybara
  • Like 1

Daria hasn't announced that she's retiring but, after her tweet yesterday, I have a feeling that she may retire this year. If not, she'd surely do Nutcracker again. It just seems to be rather a coincidence that Friedemann is coming to dance with ENB again this year.

Will definitely need to book to see one of those then. 

Are other casts known then? I am wanting to book up but wary of booking before all the casting is known. Of course things are subject to change but was kicking myself a bit missing the cast I really wanted to see in Corsaire last year by one performance. Such is life.