New Year Resolutions

taxi4ballet

Fabulous idea, Taxi4ballet!

And Fiz, I too shall be investing in a Degas this year I think- they are stunning!!!

Hmm as for my New Years resolutions...

To stop skipping meals

To work on what needs work as opposed to what is nice to do!! (For example when stretching at home, I know my right leg isn't as flexible as my left, so requires stretching/strengthening work. Alas, I always seem to end up sitting in left legged splits or practicing developpes extending my left leg- whilst the weaker right leg gets somewhat neglected!!!!) ;)

• Like 2

Fabulous idea, Taxi4ballet!

And Fiz, I too shall be investing in a Degas this year I think- they are stunning!!!

Hmm as for my New Years resolutions...

To stop skipping meals

To work on what needs work as opposed to what is nice to do!! (For example when stretching at home, I know my right leg isn't as flexible as my left, so requires stretching/strengthening work. Alas, I always seem to end up sitting in left legged splits or practicing developpes extending my left leg- whilst the weaker right leg gets somewhat neglected!!!!) ;)

To stop skipping meals. Jeez,if only I had your willpower,Swanprincess.!

• Like 1

I suppose I ought to say the one thing I say to myself every year.To eat less,well,everything.But especially chocolate.! I have just in the last two days joined an online dating website [don`t laugh]. Had some interesting correspondences so far. But it`s made me think that I ought to lose weight.If anyone ever wanted to meet up with me for a coffee they would die at the sight of me. I know i`m five feet seven but I got the tape measure out yesterday and I have 50 inch hips.Oh my God I nearly died.

I really ought to resolve to be less apathetic - but I can't be bothered.

:) Yes, the old ones are the best.

Actually, I have decided my New Year Resolution is to promote Emoticons.  B) 

I have noticed that forum users on here don't tend to use emotions very much.  :o

I have no idea why this should be :unsure:

I know some people find them a bit :wacko:  and tend to treat them with :rolleyes:

But I like them.  :P

So let's make this the year of the Emoticon.  :D

• Like 6

Problem is on an IPad you have to put them in using the keyboard by typing combinations of letters and punctuation marks!

I can do some of them but can't do the one with the moving eyes, the one with the eyes drawn together(exasperation/consternation) and the one with tongue poked out!!

On a proper computer like a Mac Etc I think there is a designated emoticon bit.

I do have this on my keyboard but they are not the same as the balletco emoticons and come out very small.

Problem is on an IPad you have to put them in using the keyboard by typing combinations of letters and punctuation marks!

I can do some of them but can't do the one with the moving eyes, the one with the eyes drawn together(exasperation/consternation) and the one with tongue poked out!!

On a proper computer like a Mac Etc I think there is a designated emoticon bit.

I do have this on my keyboard but they are not the same as the balletco emoticons and come out very small.

When my dd sends them to me from her phone they look like froggy aliens :blink:

• Like 1

One of mine this year is to label and check absolutely everything! (where's the roll eyes smiley ... :rolleyes: )

We lost so much stuff last year even though I am sure it was labelled it just either got left behind or other people must have packed it and walked off with it and not realised later on.  DD lost leotards, countless tights, practice dress, modern shoes, tangle hair brushes, and lots of water bottles!

I have almost finished eating all the chocolate, so I should be able to start my resolution soon... :P

I don't think you have quite got the hang of these resolutions yet.  Hand me over all your chocolate, and then you can start  :D

Actually, one resolution I might make (if I was to make a resolution) is to check my favourite theatres more often to see when the booking periods start.  I have just spotted something I would really like to see, but I can't get tickets until September.  :blink:

Well, I have to admit that I got the year off well by getting my tax return stuff off to my accountant before start of business on the 2nd.  Result: one tax return done already.  Much better than last year's going right up to the deadline (and remember, if you still have to do yours, you have to *pay* the money by the 31st, not just get the tax return in!)

Is there an emoticon for a smug grin?

Thought that was the standard way!

Doesn't :rolleyes: work on this forum?  Yes, it does.  That's : rolleyes : to you, with no spaces between the colons and the letters.

Oh crikey, just when I thought I was getting somewhere...

Yesterday I was tidying up some old newspapers and assorted junk ready to recycle, and what did I find?

Another box of chocolates :P

How could you possibly lose a box of chocolates in the first place?

• Like 1