Vienna State Ballet, 1st summer program 2014

Oldermum

After watching the Vienna State Ballet on TV today I browsed their website and found a link to the 1st Summer program 2014.

Although it seems my DD wouldn't be able to attend as it is held 23rd to 28th June, I thought some might be interested.

opera-balletschool.com news

Applications from age 11 years registration before 11 February 2014

• Like 1

Is the reason your DD couldn't attend because she will be in UK school still? if this is the case, as it is towards the end of the academic year and often not a lot is going on, schools will consider this opportunity as 'educational' and can agree to time off school for educational reasons. Many schools will appreciate the opportunities this will present, especially if you point them out, and are able to agree without too many issues! Good luck!!

• Like 2

She'll have rehearsals for end of year school performance. I thought it might be another avenue for summer schools for any 16 year olds who will have finished school after GCSEs, as places at ballet summer schools seem like gold dust with so many talented dancers out there.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Dont know anything about the ballet but DH has just been to Vienna for a film pre production recce and says it is one of the most amazingly fab places he has ever been and apparently is regularly in the top 5 cities in the world for the level of well being and happiness experienced by its citizens. So hope your DD has an amazing time!!! :)

• Like 1