Milton Keynes theatre

Paul Arrowsmith

I used to book seats in the Circle, quite often in seats AA or BB which are off to the side.  Had a good view from there.  I don't think we ever went in the Upper Circle so I can't vouch for how good the view is from there.  The multi storey car park is a bit narrow so we've tended to park just outside the John Lewis car park and walk across the road.  It used to be free after a certain time of night but I believe they've changed the parking fee structure since we left.

Loved this theatre, the seats are comfortable and lots of room.  Hope you enjoy the performance.

Never used it for opera (and only once for dance, I think), but I'd have thought from the structure that the view and sound would be pretty good from most places.  It's like a smaller version of Wycombe Swan, if I remember rightly.

As far as I know, the multi-storey car park next to the theatre is free until further notice, great for evening performances, but can be full of shoppers and office workers for matinees!

The acoustics are pretty good in the theatre, we generally sit towards the middle of the circle, 5 or 6 rows back, (ballet, panto and musicals) - not been to an opera there so far.

Watch out for rows C and/or CC (I think) in the Stalls -  we got caught out once - this is where they insert an extra row which ruins the rake and the legroom. If you are heading for those rows it might be wise to check with the box-office, as I might have got it wrong by a letter or two!