Natalia Kremen Ballet School

tomuchtallent

Just to clarify regarding the website.

The notice regarding the auditions was released to co-inside with publishing deadlines for various magazines, and unfortunately it was a couple of days before the website goes live.....

hope this helps

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Some lovely dancing there and initially I thought they made our local dance school look "not very good" but then had to remember how few children were in this show compared to the children we have at ours. :)

• 1 year later...

I hope nobody minds the revival of this topic. As a friend of Natalia Kremen Ballet School I was lucky last Sunday to be able to see a wonderful performance by the students of the school, participating in a "Class Talent" show on the stage of Her Majesty Theatre. Students demonstrated excellent technique. The choice of music and choreography were great. The way the girls danced a Russian dance, they could easily have been  mistaken for Vaganova students, so much poise and elegance. Very well taught and graceful, these students were also able to demonstrate their wonderful acting skills with mischief and comedy woven into the dances.

• 4 weeks later...

As the winners of the 'Stars of the Albion' competition NATALIA KREMEN BALLET SCHOOL will be opening the show on the main stage of the annual Russian Festival MASLENITSA 2014 on Trafalgar Square on Sunday, 2nd March. The show (from 1.30pm - 7:00pm) is a part of a week long programme of events across the capital in celebration of Russian Week in London, and also of the 'Russian Year of Culture in the UK'.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

News from NATALIA KREMEN BALLET SCHOOL:

1st Vaganova Summer Intensive Course in London - to enjoy an amazing opportunity to be taught and to be inspired by the top Russian trained ballet masters

from 28th July - 2nd August.

Classical Ballet, Character Dance, Pointe Work, Repertoire, Ballet History, Pilates - Stretching Class.

Natalia Kremen Ballet School provides the highest standards of teaching with lots of personal attention and corrections.

For more information contact: info@nkballetschool.com

When you say "Vaganova" Summer Intensive Course, do you mean it is going to be taught by someone who was actally trained at  Vaganova or someone who was trained by Vaganova (influenced) method?

Just curious, as when I had a glace at the web site, I did not see any direct Vaganova (as in school) connection with any of the staff...

thanks!

Edited by mimi66

All teachers (except one) at Natalia Kremen Ballet School trained at former USSR professional vocational ballet schools which all follow the same method  and syllabus (Vaganova). It is also quite possible that there will be guest teachers (Russian) to teach for the Summer Intensive Course. The school, in their normal regular lessons during the week, follows same class/syllabus as in both the Vaganova and the Bolshoi ballet school.

Hope this helps.

I whole heartedly agree with The Mighty Twiglet; I think the teachers at Natalia Kremen Ballet School are excellent. My daughter has really improved since starting there and I just wish we had found the school sooner. My daughter will definitely be looking forward to the Summer Intensive.

• 2 weeks later...

Applications are accepted now for the Natalia Kremen Ballet School    Summer Intensive Course    (28th July - 2nd August 2014).

Application forms can be obtained by contacting:   

info@nkballetschool.com

Hello Tykva,

Apologies if I've missed this, but I was just wondering if you are affiliated with, or represent, NK Ballet School?

There is no problem, but if you are posting on behalf of the school in an official capacity, you would need to add a signature to your profile (as detailed in the "Commerce" section of our Forum rules: http://www.balletcoforum.com/index.php?/topic/417-the-balletcoforum-acceptable-use-policy/)

If you are simply a student or parent then please ignore this message. :-)

Thank you!

Kind regards, Spanner

It has been announced that Alexander Muntagirov, father and first ballet teacher of Vadim Muntagirov (Royal Ballet principal) will be joining NATALIA KREMEN BALLET SCHOOL for

1st Vaganova Summer Intensive Course. The names of other wonderful guest teachers are still to be confirmed.

• Like 2

Not sure if this has been mentioned earlier or not but the NKBS summer school will be held at Rambert dance studio in London.

Still haven't figured out how to attatch a link but if you'd like more information please ask on the forum or go on the Natalia Kremen Ballet School facebook page where you can find more about the summer school :)

• 2 weeks later...

Due to the high demand an extra age group has been added to NKBS Summer Intensive. Natalia Kremen Ballet School is happy to welcome 15-16-year old students.

The course will be held from 28th July - 2nd August at RAMBERT dance studios (new South Bank's home).

The faculty for Summer Intensive Course 2014:

NATALIA KREMEN,    trained at BOLSHOI ACADEMY, ex-soloist with  Moscow Stanislavsky and Nemirovich-Danchenko Theatre, English National Ballet;

ALEXANDER MUNTAGIROV,    "People's Artist of Russia", ex-Director of Chelyabinsk Ballet Academy and current Head of Hanti-Mansiysk University,

Father and first teacher of VADIM MUNTAGIROV (Principal dancer with ROYAL BALLET).

LUDMILA KONOVALOVA,    Prima Ballerina of WIENER STAATSBALLET, STAATSBALLET BERLIN

KIRILL BURLOV,    Dancer, Choreographer, BALLET RAMBERT

For more information: info@nkballetschool.com  or phone: 02079931102

Edited by Tykva
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone done a private lesson through this dance I school? We were wondering if regular private lessons there could be helpful. Thought this could help to plan convenient dates in DDs GCSE year.

Very much so. My DD needed some private lessons when she first joined Natalia Kremen Ballet School in addition to the group ones she had. Although my daughter always had distinction for her RAD exams, joining her age group class at NKBS, she found she was very much behind. She had to work a lot on her technique. All the teachers are very helpful and supportive. Maybe doing Natalia Kremen Ballet Summer School would help your daughter get some ideas about what the school is like. The final date for application is 25th May, so you still have time.

DD went for private lesson today, with one of Natalia's teachers. She felt that she was corrected for a lot of what she did, even when it was how she'd been shown to do it previously. For example, in fifth, she was told to have the front foot completely parallel to the back foot. Apparently at associates they were told only to do that if it was completely comfortable, and so on with other positions etc. I am looking for options to supplement her local training. Would this arise from the teachers there being Russian so have different methods? In that case could it be detrimental to DD to be exposed to this at 15?