Natalia Kremen Ballet School

tomuchtallent

Has anyone heard of this new ballet school.?Natalia Kremen is with the ENB and her husband is a principal with RB.

There is a lovely video about her school and she had a photo shoot with her students in WL.

Just thinking that maybe her lessons might not be RAD if anyone wanted something different.

• Like 1

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

just to add to the thread, indeed the Natalia Kremen Ballet School has been operating successfully in Kensington , this year, and shortly is to announce its full rosta for the next academic year, starting September.

It appears NK , is attracting significant interest in her project

• 2 weeks later...

The Natalia Kremen Ballet School – Auditions

The Natalia Kremen Ballet School, located in Kensington,London, will be holding auditions in June and July for entry to the school in September 2012. Students from age 5 and above are invited to apply.

English National Ballet dancer Natalia Kremen and her staff will be teaching the Vaganova syllabus combined with European techniques, aimed mainly at young students who want to pursue ballet as a professional career.

For more information, audition dates and an application details, please contact the school on 07516179507, email nataliakremen@gmail.com, or visit the school’s website: www.nkballetschool.com

Can you clarify El Ingles please, as Lemongirl asked if it was full-time training or associates and you said both. But then you told me there was not full-time education.

It is a school to study ballet, but not an education facility.

Courses can be full time or part time and likewise private or group classes are available

Perhaps full-time courses would suit home-educated children (who do not, of course, spend their whole day on academic "lessons"). Apparently, in the US, some children who are aspiring to a professional career in ballet are home-educated as this enables them to spend more hours doing ballet.

Apparently, in the US, some children who are aspiring to a professional career in ballet are home-educated as this enables them to spend more hours doing ballet.

Yes in France too. That's what our DDs do. They belong to a special national programme which they are allowed to follow because they dance and they get the official curriculum sent for free with the same state evaluations as the kids who physically go to school. It's really hard work but one can organize it around dance...

• Like 1

afab, that's really interesting. Does that mean that there are ballet classes during the school day which your DDs can attend? I don't think that many local ballet schools here could or do offer such classes. I suppose that they could offer private lessons if they were able to get the premises (many schools don't have their own premises and hire church halls etc for their classes).

Yes Aileen, they are in a normal ballet school but have extra lessons while the other kids are at school. They can be private lessons but also lessons organized by the school for whoever can come. The school owns the premises as most schools do here, own or rent for the whole year. You never go to a church all to dance in France but to a proper studio. Some going-to-school kids are allowed to leave school early to attend dance classes as long as they catch up but we found that system too difficult... There are also state schools which have half day schooling so that pre-professional kids can do their dance/sport/music/theatre... I have to state that the programme at those academic schools is in no way lighter than at normal schools, kids simply have to be academic and fast!

• Like 2

I won't use facebook so useless for me. If a weblink is provided it should work Get the website live is a good bit of advice

Agreed. Relatively easy to do and looks so unprofessional if it doesn't work properly.

I won't use facebook so useless for me. If a weblink is provided it should work Get the website live is a good bit of advice

Thanks. the website is in the final days of preparation. Unfortunately notice of the schools auditions had to be released to meet publication deadlines, a couple of days before the site goes live.!

I hope this helps

• Like 1

Agreed. Relatively easy to do and looks so unprofessional if it doesn't work properly.

I hope I have answered this in a previous reply, but the notice of the auditions had to be released to meet publication deadlines of various magazines, which is a couple of days before the site goes live!

It is unfortunate I know but the publications the sort of snail advertising has a longer lead in time than the web forums!

• Like 1