Ballet teachers in London? And how this thing for training pirouette is called?

Ilma

Dear all,

Let me introduce myself, I am new to the forum. I have two daughters who are doing gymnastics and need to do more ballet training, particularly pirouettes.

I wanted to ask two things - firstly, I wanted to find a teacher for my girls to learn how to do multiple pirouettes, privately, preferably at our place in North-East London. If someone knows someone or could take it up could you please send me a private message?

The other question - I wanted to buy this wooden thing that you could stand on and turn to practise your pirouettes - could you please help me with how it is called? I would also appreciate if you could give your opinion whether it helps or not in training multiple turns?

I think it is called a 'turnboard'.  They are very popular in the States not so much over here.  I thought about buying one as it was featured in 'first position' but decided against it as I thought DD would break something!!  

Private ballet lessons are like fairy dust where we live but you could try RAD HQ.

Good luck - I hope you have better luck than I did when we were trying to do the reverse- trying to find a gymnastics teacher to help dd achieve simple tricks like cartwheels to enhance her dancing.

No one was interested - our local clubs didn't even reply to my messages.

If you are in London I could probably recommend you some clubs, I even know some outside London by now :)

I think it is called a 'turnboard'.  They are very popular in the States not so much over here.  I thought about buying one as it was featured in 'first position' but decided against it as I thought DD would break something!!  

Private ballet lessons are like fairy dust where we live but you could try RAD HQ.

Thanks a lot, yes, this is the the thing. However, I am also unsure whether it is safe to use for children and whether it would make a big difference fort them :(

I think it might be better to ask a good rhythmic gymnastic teacher to teach turns.My dd has learnt pirouettes both ways and they are technically different from each other.It's quite difficult to learn multiple ballet pirouettes if you haven't learnt correct posture and turnout which takes a long time to master in the first place.

• Like 5