RBS physio assessment

Happymum

I just came across a short film on you tube (from 70s? 80s?) showing an audition to RBS (if I got it right, it's not in English) and a physio assessment at about 1:40. I just wondered if this is how it still looks like? All these measurements etc. Sorry, no idea how to post a link but if you search "ballet boy 23" on youtube you should be able to find it easly. I thought it might be interesting to watch.

Thanks Happymum have now seen it!! At least they didn't have to be assessed bare topped as the girls did in one of the Vaganova School auditions.....a while back now...but you could tell they felt uncomfortable about it.

I think some of these measurements can actually reasonably accurately predict height as an adult.....more important for the girls of course....as mine was in fact!

Really I didn't see anything untoward in this film  The class part looked fairly standard and I thought the hornpipe a very good choice to show feeling for dance and presentation, particularly the finishing pose pretending to look through a telescope.

The medical/physio assessment appeared to be taking place in private.  When measuring the legs they were checking for any difference in length and the spine was then also checked for scoliosis as well as flexibility.  The angle of both inward and outward rotation of the legs/hips was measured too.  All of these tests are to ensure that the body is suitable for training. Even then injuries do occur, but they would be worse or more frequent if there were an underlying weakness.

• Like 3