Why 'brave', Aileen (assuming you mean the move from ENB to RB)?  Rightly or wrongly, to have the Royal Ballet on your CV still carries a huge cachet, and must be a a considerable plus for any young dancer seeking employment in major ballet companies world-wide; there's no doubt ENB's reputation is catching up fast - and not a minute before time - but the RB's name is still the bigger lure.

Brave, because it is difficult to make your way in a large company like the RB which has the pick of corps dancers. I think that you can guess the point which I am making but do not wish to spell out. I am not disputing the fact that the RB's reputation is greater than that of ENB's, and probably always will be.

Congratulations Teo! Since he joined Enb I personally had not heard much about him at all so a move will do him good especially having been all the way through the Royal system from JAs.

At least 5O% of the original year that Teo joined WL with are now professional dancers which I think is very good. Two are now with Royal!

• Like 1

Teo will have had two full years with ENB during which time he has had the opportunity to dance several prominent corps roles and has developed hugely as a performer. This, combined with his height and good looks should ensure that he doesn't suffer "the spear carrying fate" of many new joiners at the RB. Good luck to him.

• Like 3

Good news for Teo - I was always a bit surprised he didn't get straight into the RB as he was very definitely a favourite at the school ;-)

But perhaps this was a better route. (And more like at least 75% hfb ;-) )

• Like 1