Room 202 - on the positive side

Anjuli_Bai

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

This might sound a bit of a silly one but to me those little thin snag free rubber bands for my daughters hair have been a god send....she has the finest hair imaginable and all the bobbles I have tried when doing plaits are way too big and I have to wrap them round what feels like 100 times and then they look ridiculous with these dainty little plaits and then this chunk of bobble at the end, so when a very helpful lady in a shop pointed these out to me I was overjoyed!! They are now a staple in our dance bag ????

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

My downstairs neighbour must be very domesticated, too: I often hear him doing the washing, hoovering and so on when his girlfriend's out/away. Ā Such a change from the one where I used to live: that was always a battle. Ā Either she'd come in and start on at him because he hadn't done all the things she'd asked him to, just slobbed on the sofa all day (I'm assuming, given that I could hear the TV on), or you'd hear a sudden manic hoovering shortly before she arrived, and would realise that she must have rung or texted to say she was on the train or something and he'd just realised he'd been sitting around all day doing nothing!

• Like 2

I was in town with my husband a while ago, towards the end of the day. The flower man was selling off his last few bunches for a pound a pop. I had a pound coin in my pocket and chose a bunch. As he waited, flowers in one hand, the other outstretched for my money, I could not find the coin. I realised it had fallen through a hole in the lining of my coat and tried to locate it in the depths. Eventually I found it and tried to work it towards the hole. Flower man gave up waiting as I struggled. Then my husband, who had been standing behind me, decided to have a try at getting the pound coin out of my pocket. This meant both our hands were in my pocket and as we tussled, me mainly trying to get his hand out of my pocket, another man came up and asked if I was alright. He thought I was being mugged, which is probably how it looked. All was resolved and the police were not called. The positive side of this being the man trying to assist in what appeared to be my hour of need. He was a gent to help me.Ā 

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

*Insert an hysterically happy bouncing smilie here*

Ā 

I've just booked a flight and hotel room for London... in more than three months' time - end of May!.. just for a few days.

Now the next step will be to catch tickets for the Robbins mixed bill... please dear Phantom of the ROH don't let the servers crash this time.

Ā 

:D

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

After a very dull morning with no hope of seeing the eclipse the sun is now shining, the verges and ditches are awash with primroses (never seen so many) and the lambs are leaping around. Seems like spring is here.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

The marvels of modern technology... and the power of local knowledge...

Ā 

We were driving home this evening through country lanes near a small village and as we drove under a railway bridge we saw a fire.

Ā 

DD rang 999 on her mobile, and I stopped the car and talked to the fire brigade.Ā 

Ā 

Not only did the mobile network connect us to the nearest emergency call centre; the man on the phone knew exactly where where we were, and immediately said "Oh, it's the recycling bins - on our way now".

Ā 

Ā 

• Like 4

Finally this morning three blooms which then became six by the evening out on my magnolia stellata!!

Ā 

It's usually anywhere between 26th March and the 8th April but I'm always pleased when it's the 31st March which is my mums birthday!!

It's grown enormously since she would have last seen it and seems to get better every year.

We are actually in a very chalky area bit it's growing in a very HUGE pot!!

Ā 

The pot is so big it's difficult to move it around now ....but as it is right outside our bedroom window I don't mind at all!

• Like 2

Just waiting for the blackbird to start up now. Not a whisper at the moment!

Ā 

Often you can hear them warming up,their song in a hedge first before they go to singing perches.

Ā 

Usually start singing first just in the evening ....but by end of April you almost want them to shut up!!! Especially at 5 in the morning!

Ā 

Anyway nothing so far this year!