Room 202 - on the positive side

Anjuli_Bai

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's raining very gently in San Diego.  Rain is a wonderful thing.

You know you are too much "into" ballet when you read a headline which says:

"Ballet to block release of serial rapist"

when it actually said:

"Battle to block  release of serial rapist"

Well, thank heaven!

• Like 3

That's made me smile!

It's funny when you do mis read something how there are these seconds when the brain tries to make sense of it and project all kinds of strange ideas before one realises ones mistake! I mean maybe they were going to make him take a series of ballet lessons before he could be released......I mean quite a good idea really.....especially if they said no release till he makes Advance level Ballet standard!!!

• Like 2

Anjuli your post made me laugh so much I spilt my coffee!

Also LinMM's idea!  Well, that means some of them will never be released.... ;)

Mimi66 - spilling coffee goes into thread Room 101 whilst laughing goes into thread 202.

Producing a simple sentence worthy of two threads is certainly a candidate for Room 303.

My congratulations.

By the way - having prisoners take ballet lessons is a terrific idea.  More work for balllet teachers.  I came close - I taught ballet for a couple of years in a Performing Arts High School and Middle School.  It resembled a prison in many ways.

• Like 7

Being able to hear a wild winter sea thundering in!

Although Incan see the sea from my house.....mainly from the back garden.....I can rarely actually hear it from up the top of the hill here.

But tonight I can open the bedroom window and hear it roaring away.

When I came back along the coast road from Brighton earlier this afternoon the waves were huge masses of white horses. I didn't much appreciate the rain but the sea looked and sounded magnificent.

• Like 2

We went to the Christingle service at our local church on Christmas Eve, as we do each year. This time one of dd's friends was round for the afternoon and asked to come with us. I don't think she has been to a church service before.

Afterwards, as we were walking back to the car, I overheard her say to dd "I really enjoyed that - I feel loved".

Ahh, how sweet!

• Like 4

Just got home from a post op visit to the surgeon.  All is well.  I can now pick something up from the floor I may have dropped.  

Tomorrow - no physical therapy visits and (so far) no doctor's visits.  Whatever shall I do with my time?

Actually, I am planning a Library work party with friends and lunch.  YEA!

• Like 8

The "toenail procedure" sounds rather gruesome was it reasonably pain free?

The major issue was the podiastrist having to hold my toe while she injected the local anaesthetic.  They had to scrape me off the ceiling after the first attempt.  One of the ladies held my hand to calm me down.  Once frozen, I didn't feel a thing.  They have removed a strip down each side of the toenail and then applied a solution to stop regrowth.

I had plenty of painkillers to hand for when I unfroze but the pain was less than I had been living with for months so I took a couple at bedtime in case the quilt caused me some issues.  No pain at all yesterday and I could get back into my dog-walking shoes (which is all I had been able to wear since mid-October).  It will take a few weeks for the wound to heal but it is just so nice to be pain free!

Thanks!

• Like 2

Just got home from a post op visit to the surgeon.  All is well.  I can now pick something up from the floor I may have dropped.  

Tomorrow - no physical therapy visits and (so far) no doctor's visits.  Whatever shall I do with my time?

Actually, I am planning a Library work party with friends and lunch.  YEA!

Thrilled for you Anjuli!  Enjoy your day!

• Like 1

In the category of ingenious (ahem) solutions....

I have a large craft table where my easel also stands.  The problem has been covering the wood top of the table.  At one time plastic table cloths were well made with fairly heavy vinyl - but no longer.  I bought one only a few months ago and it is literally shredding - and, no, I am NOT shredding it.  It's quite capable of doing this all by itself.

I've looked into buying several yards of good vinyl but at the width I need it would have a seam in it which is not conducive to sketching on paper with a seam underneath.  There is no way to have that seam in a place where it wouldn't interfere with my work.

But - wait - what ho - is that an idea aborning in yonder head?.....(my head is often "yonder") ....but....

Why not buy a plastic (vinyl) shower curtain.  It's big enough, sturdy enough, wipes up easily and even has a cute pattern.  And it's very inexpensive.

And so it sits.... looking terrific - problem solved.

I wish everything was this easy.

• Like 5

Today I went into a supermarket for the first time in 3 1/2 months.  Bought ice cream, of course.

I am feeling really chuffed with myself (as my Brit friends would say).

Y'all do realize in my daily American life, I speak more and more like a Brit.  

Y'all.

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...

Fiz - thanks for mentioning the Haribo Sugar Free Gummi Bears on Amazon.com.  I recommend everybody should read the comments - they are HILARIOUS!!!!

Am I missing something here?  I only found a few comments, largely about unwanted side-effects :)