Tring Easter school

Busymum

Brilliant. Thanks for the replies.

My dd can't wait. I did presume she would stay in mansion but wanted to check. She is 9 and luckily a friend is going with her so we have requested that they stay together. She is really excited but apprehensive about being away from home for so long as she is a real home girl. Boarding is what puts her off going away at 11 so I am really interested to see how she copes with it.

• 1 month later...

Hello. I'm new to this forum and hoping that people can help me with their knowledge and experience. My dd would like to attend Tring Easter school and the fact that she has to board with people she never met before doesn't seem to put her off. What I am concerned as a novice ballet parent is that what sort of classes are offered for younger students. My dd will be 9 by the start of the Easter course. It is difficult to get detailed information from the school website, so I would be grateful if anyone can tell me from their dc's experience with the course, such as intensity of the lessons, activities offered, and pastoral cares for younger students. The fees are not cheep (well, for us anyway) so we would like to ensure we are not paying for a wild sleep-over trip! Of course we want her to enjoy the whole experience but we also want her to learn something. Thanks.

Hi

My daughter went to this course aged 10. She absolutely loved it. They were kept very busy each day with classes in ballet, tap, jazz, repertoire as well as having visiting teachers from the professional world and lovely evening activities. The pastoral care seemed really good but to be honest she didn't seem to need to much help. She was on a dorm with six others and they very quickly became a tight knit group of friends! There was some sleepover type goings on in the room next door on the first night and I think they all realised pretty quickly the next day that they would never cope without enough sleep! If I'm honest dd was deathly pale when we collected her on the Friday and definitely needed a good lay in but she always did need a lot of sleep and she was a very happy bunny regardless.

For our dd it was a great experience, she experienced some new styles of teaching and she came home declaring that she absolutely WILL be going to vocational school! She then approached her dancing with an invigorated determination! I personally would thoroughly recommend it but I guess like everything we only form our opinions based on our own experience and it won't be the same for everyone. Good luck with the journey ahead

Edited by along for the ride mum
  • Like 1

Thank you for the great insight, Along for the ride mum. The course sounds really good and it's nice to know that your dd  had such a wonderful experience that heightened her motivation for dancing even further. It is also reassuring to know that the course keeps children occupied during and after lessons. I'm sure my dd will be so excited and will stay up very late for the first night and then face the consequences the next day.

During the week one of the guest teachers (Tring Alumni) was a cast member from Mama Mia. On the Thursday evening there was a coach trip to see the west end production and it was a highlight I'm told, with the children standing up and doing the dance that they'd learnt in the aisle, must have been amusing for onlookers!

There was also a talent contest and some children chose to bring a costume and perform a festival dance but no pressure to participate.

• Like 2