Recommendations for ballet classes over Christmas hols?

Rizzo

Haven't posted on here in a long time, (life gets in the way!) My dd also attending, (didn't attend the last one but did the one before & absolutely loved it!) 

There's also the ENBS audition workshop on Jan 3rd.

Good idea - she could apply for the ENBS workshop after Christmas. Think you need photos for that - we have photos but I've no idea how good they are or what they look for in the photos  :(

SwanPrincess, you could try for the ENBS workshop? Bad luck with the result from Wells Masterclass - sounds to me like it's just the luck of the draw, if that helps!

• Like 1

I'm sorry to hear that too swanprincess. I'm not sure how they work these things out-all a bit of an enigma :wacko:  I think spanner is right and Francesca was inundated. It's a pity Wells can't hold a few more.

The ENBS is also holding a Spring short course during February 1/2 term week. Perhaps you could try for this one too?

• Like 1

Oh dear Spanner, have I caused this thread to go off on a tangent?!  My dd is doing the audition workshop day on the 3rd, (a bit of early preparation for next year! I've been told there's a Q&A session which I'm hoping is useful), and she has applied for ENBS in Feb but we're still waiting to hear. She has really enjoyed the ENBS summer schools she's attended. I'm guessing the Feb course will be similar without the foreign contingent! 

• Like 2

My daughter is doing the 3 day course at ENBS in February, she has done ENBS summer school before but not the spring course.

She is also doing the day Wells Masterclass (silver group) which she has not done before.

:)  It will be nice to  see some of you there and put names to faces.

• Like 1

I agree too.....Danceworks is really a more 16 plus sort of place not really for 11 year olds......though for a couple of one off classes in the daytime may be more okay if with a friend at least but may feel a bit intimidated if she is the only 11 year old.

I don't know whether the RAD in Battersea does holiday classes or day workshops for younger pupils though perhaps those teachers need a rest as well!! Though I do know my Australian friends daughter did a couple of days at the RAD when she was 10 at Chrismas time a few years back. One was a workshop and one was a coaching session.

I've had a reply from Francesca this morning regarding the Wells Master class on 30th Dec, my DD (12yrs) has been put on the waiting list for a place (I did only apply earlier today :rolleyes: so was expecting a 'No') However she has been offered a priority place for another class that's being held on 10th April which I thought was very generous. She won't be able to do that date but I thought you may be interested to know that another class is planned, venue is to be confirmed.

• Like 2

Congrats to everyone who got in to the Wells masterclass- i didnt, although it was the kindest, most gently-worded rejection email i have ever had!!!! ;-)

I adore your resilience Swanprincess.  Olivia and Errol Pickford (Elmhurst) are hoping to do a 3 day course at Dancexchange on 2,3,4th Jan if there is enough interest.

• Like 2

Thanks for posting that Busymum. Sounds like there are classes out there during Christmas hols! Unfortunately Birmingham is too far for us in January but I know they are very good teachers - I'm sure there will be demand.

found out today that DD is accepted onto ENBS audition course in January so with that and the Wells masterclass there's a couple of things to keep her ticking over. Regular classes during termtime are a bit haphazard for us at the moment.

• Like 1

I adore your resilience Swanprincess. Olivia and Errol Pickford (Elmhurst) are hoping to do a 3 day course at Dancexchange on 2,3,4th Jan if there is enough interest.

thank you so much to everyone for your sweet, encouraging messages- i am truly grateful for the amazing support that i have recieved here over the past year or so :-) xxx

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...