In which ballet......

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In which ballet does the lead male character joyfully present a dead rabbit to the ballerina? In which ballet does the ballerina fall from a horse and later salute a fountain? In which ballet do we get to see the pink frills on the priest's long johns? In which ballet does a sneezer blast an entangled pas de quatre? (hint: it all may happen in the same ballet... making a little promo here :) )

Well Hilarion presents dead game to Giselle's mother and in Alice the dormouse sneezes but not at anyone in particular, I think.  I've never seen a undressed priest in any ballet and I'm not at all sure I want to.  Possibly something Matthew Bourne or John Neumeier might dream up?

Edited for typo.

Edited by loveclassics

In which ballet does the lead male character joyfully present a dead rabbit to the ballerina? In which ballet does the ballerina fall from a horse and later salute a fountain? In which ballet do we get to see the pink frills on the priest's long johns? In which ballet does a sneezer blast an entangled pas de quatre? (hint: it all may happen in the same ballet... making a little promo here :) )

Taming of the Shrew

Doesn't the girl in Spectre de la Rose dance throughout with her eyes closed as if she is asleep?

I just checked it - when she is in the chair eyes are closed.  But when she is dancing with the Rose, her eyes are opened - she often looks at him.  This makes sense since in one's dream one would have open eyes.

But that is an interesting question.  

Next  "In which ballet........anyone?

Edited by Anjuli_Bai