Dance direct - caution

drdance

Hi everyone - I apologise if I am posting something that breaks rules, mods please feel free to delete if necessary - however it has come to my attention that Dance Direct is having some difficulty in honoring orders already made and paid for. People are also struggling to get refunds and a couple of days ago the website appeared to still be taking orders. I don't want to be a gossip or perpetuate rumours but I think people should be informed in case they are about to make purchased etc.

• Like 2

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have had terrible problems with them recently.

I have no idea what is going on.

I have had some items on order since September. When I phoned to get a delivery date I got conflicting information.

At one point the website was showing a lot of items as nil stock so I gave up waiting.

I then e mailed to cancel an order and the next week part of it turned up.

I have no idea when the rest will arrive if at all.

No one seems to know what is going on and e mails are not answered.

I really do not want to use them anymore as I feel badly let down.

Does anybody know of an alternative reliable company?

I too have been waiting for a refund for nearly three weeks. They have not been answering phones or emails for days. Finally spoke to someone yesterday and had email confirming refund, but am not too confident of actually seeing my money. Their Facebook page is awash with customer complaints.

Pointe shoes: I think my mum used move dancewear for some of my stuff and they seemed good but maybe more expensive/less selection but the website is nice :) another two are planet dancedirect and porselli but I have never ordered from these so I can't say if they are any good, the stuff is just always tempting! Hope this helps.

I know Dance Direct had problems with an upgrade to their system. I held off with an order, then their website was updated at the end of last month and I started to get email replies to my queries. On the 30 I place an order with them which was duly confirmed but I think like everyone else, that’s the last I have heard from them. The small items that would have been delivered in a day or two have never arrived.

I’m now using StarliteDirect.com as its fairly local to me, I’m visiting them tomorrow in Sleaford Lincs.

I personally find Dancing Boutique in Tunbridge Wells very expensive. I've used Planet Dance and Porselli quite a bit in the past.  And I hear loads of recommendations for Just Ballet (haven't used them myself now that my dancers are all grown up but I might look for Christmas presents!)

• Like 3

Yup, we've talked about the wisdom of phoning Planet Dance before ordering, just to check stock status. They do have an excellent range though.

I've only ever had one problem with Porselli where they didn't keep me updated, but again I do sometimes phone them to check stock. They too have a very good range and some great bargains.

I've only used Move Dancewear a couple of times as their range is smaller, but have received excellent service both times.

Dancing Boutique have a frustrating website whereby uniform is not shown so you have to phone to order. The Tring CBA leotard was very expensive but whether this is down to store markup or expensive cost price I am not sure. I do like to see what I'm buying beforehand!

Just Ballet - fabulous. Speedy and personal service and superfast response to emails.

Many thanks for the heads up about Dance Direct, drdance - they are obviously having a LOT of problems. I hope they are able to get their issues resolved soon as their range is so good.

• Like 4

I've always been pleased with Dance Direct, hope they get things sorted out soon

I feel the same Taxi - they were always my first site to go to to buy dancewear and I was always pretty happy with the prices and delivery, so hopefully this is just a short-term glitch they can get sorted

• Like 3

I noticed that there is a comment on their Facebook page that says "everyone on Balletco Forum is deciding not to use you again" - or words to that effect - that is not an accurate reflection of the comments in this thread. I think people should comment only on their own behalf.

• Like 4

As a regulary user of dance direct I have had email updates explaining the issues they are having.  The installed a new IT system which has gone awry and is causing them major problems.  They are trying to do everything they can to rectify the software problems and have advised customers to email them and they will sort through as fast as humanly possible.  I think in a couple of months they will have the situation resolved.  Got to say I have also regularly used planet dance, whose service and prices are great and just ballet who are also great.

• Like 5

Oh, I am so pleased it is the I.T system! I use Dance Direct a lot and so does my dance school. I was worried they had gone bankrupt. A jewellery firm I use is having similar problems but they have been fabulous, falling over themselves to help.:-)

• Like 1

Just to add to everyone else's comments. I ordered some leotards a few weeks ago, which turned up on time, but I didn't receive any confirmation emails from dance direct that the items had been dispatched. They only replied to my email after I'd received the leotards in the post. I have returned one of them to exchange for a different size, but haven't heard anything and that was almost 2 weeks ago now. I've sent them an e-mail but not heard anything back yet. Fingers crossed it gets sorted out.

I've used Planet Dance before they were really good, but as Spannerandpony mentioned it's worth checking whether items are in stock, otherwise I found that they do try and wait until they have everything in your order before they send it out.

• Like 1

I almost always use porselli as they have the best range for boys and they have excellent sales too. They are so fast in sending stuff out that unless it has arrived within 3 days it is almost certainly a stock issue. Only problem is they don't tell you if they are out of stock, just leave you waiting.....and waiting...... unless you call them (but they ALWAYS answer the phone so that's good).

Also of note- they WILL send stuff overseas if you ring them to arrange- and their postage price is pretty much what you pay yourself (e.g. to send 3 pairs of dance leggings to DS in Washington they charged me £11).

• Like 1