Adult Ballet Workshops (news and attendance)

LinMM

I spoke to RAD today (Monday 3rd), the Cinderella Workshop on the 15th is definitely on, we have enough dancers now, the 23rd at Edinburgh is having its closing date extended by a further week as there is insufficient numbers so far, keeping my fingers crossed.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did a lovely workshop at RAD Headquarters in London on Saturday based on Cinderella.

There was a lot of travel disruption in Brighton area(flooding) so planned train was cancelled but somehow just managed to get there on time.

This was a three hour workshop so I found it much more manageable physically than the whole day ones especially as my foot is still not fully recovered so can't do any big jumps landing on the right leg but its okay for almost any other things now.

Anyway after a very nice barre and watching the video of Sibley in this role...lovely.....we learned an adapted solo of Cinderella with the broom.....we each even had a broom so with about 16 present not bad to find us all these props!! I liked this solo as it requires a little bit of acting as well which I prefer but anyway lovely to do inspite of the difficult music......though this has been going round in my head ever since!!

We then learned a bit of the ugly sisters dance where they quarrel over an orange.....after watching Helpmann and Ashton in the roles.....still my favourite ugly sisters as they don't send it up too much as tends to happen now.

This was really good fun especially as Michelle was my partner....got quite a mad polka going.....so finished ready for more instead of a bit exhausted as can happen.

I really liked the mix of more balletic and then the more character roles all part of ballet and very satisfying to do!!

I would definitely recommend an RAD workshop. I hope to attend their one on Giselle at the end of June in Cambridge but as they give them all over UK it seems might be worth a look at their website in case one in an area near you.

Edited by LinMM
  • Like 3

The Romeo and Juliet workshop in Edinburgh was unusually short for RAD with it only being two hours. The class consist of 8 girls including me, it started with the usual barre and a bit of centre to serve as a warm up before going into rep.

The repertoire was published as “The dance of the Knight by Macmillan” and we were give a youtube clip as an example, however part of the dance scene was missing as the camera went on to Juliet and away from the dancers, however I filled that gap by studying the Royal Ballet version, but that gave me two slightly different positions for the ladies arms, so I learnt both

I also though it prudent to learn the men’s steps too, as half of us would have to dance the male roll and I wasn’t sure which I would get allocated too..

When we started it was nothing like the choreography we learnt, it was from a 1950’s version but I forget the name. All of us learnt both rolls and only at the end did we do it as partners, I danced the guys roll this time. This repertoire wasn’t what I was looking fore as it was not planned against the clip or anything like, but it was still fun all the same and something new to learn.

As we had a little time at the end we danced "Lady Capulet’s Grief" from the end of act3, although there was nothing dancey or balletic about it, it was very much about acting, to portray tragedy, hatred and grief, plus we also got to roll about on the floor. That was both interesting and fun.

At the end we did our usual group photo as a memento. The school seem to think they will be doing more Adult Repertoire Workshops for RAD in the future, so I guess I will see them again and hopefully some of the same faces too.

• Like 1

Performing Lady Capulets Grief would (ironically) be great fun to do I think!! All that emoting and beating of the breast....marvellous!!

I think I quite fancy Carabosse's role in Sleeping Beauty too.....for the LAB Intensive I mean.....but don't think we're being offered this! Mores the pity because then I definitely wouldn't have to wear a tutu!!

Actually Ive emailed them today as am worried about the cost!! If I can't get one of their "off the shelf" ones(because they haven't got one big enough) then it could get very expensive having one especially made.....am not that keen to do this.

On a funnier note by mistake in my email to them I put that " although I'm not that heavy...at 169kg....I don't seem to get leotards etc to fit me" I'd already sent it before I realised my mistake. They've probably gone out to buy some more material no doubt!!

• Like 2

The Tutu base's are quite expensive, I see the Just Ballet ones are £39.99 which I have, but then of course you will need a white leo. I came across some long ones at Starlite. fortunately I was able to try them on before I bought them, the style that was long I had to go down two sizes, unfortunately I would have to re-find that style name as I no longer have the old invoice, if that would help.

If your really stuck for a white tutu base, then you can borrow mine if that will help, as I will be taking at least one full tutu if not two. I'm not sure what we are wearing for the friends dance, but will check Thursday.

Hi Lin

Its Classic tutu's for all dances, I checked that out tonight at LAB, the one's they are offering are not that sticky out as you put it, but I haven't seen them. Never the less no one is going to get upset if you don't wear one, but I guess the majority will wear them. As for us that have our own full sequinned tutu's, they will check there suitability, so I guess they may not want us to wear them which I can understand for a corps de ballet piece and of course the solo's will look similar as we will be doing them in fairly large groups.

I still don't know if I'm going to be allowed to perform both solo's at their end of intensive performance as we have 75 dancers performing, but LAB knows my wishes.

Gosh 75 of us!! Hope there's room at the barre!!

They have been very helpful so far with info about the tutus and have even asked their suppliers to provide some larger ones(size14-16) as they were only going to provide sizes 8-10 and 10-12 the latter of which was the large size!! So no different to the rest of the dance world suppliers but I did say as we were not "professional" dancers......even though some there may well be up to that level......they should not assume we were all so small!! Anyway if they do end up providing this larger size and as these will be practice tutu skirts(as opposed to full tutu) and not too expensive around the £50 mark I may buy one but I'm not going to have one especially made which I may never use again!! Their website opens tomorrow so will keep fingers crossed etc!!

• Like 1

Hi Lin

Have you ordered your tutu base for the LAB Spring Intensive yet?

The same base is to be used for some of our scenes in the LAB Gala Performance at the Bloomsbury Theatre, the girls at LAB tonight were trying the prototype tutu on, they liked it, it looked quite stunning. I didn’t try it on as I already one of that is very similar.

Edited by Michelle_Richer

No not yet. There is a chance I may not be able to attend because of my foot I hope not as I really want to do it but it's now only 4 weeks away and foot keeps playing up......will it take three days of intensive work!!? Will email you!

• 2 weeks later...

I attended a City Academy Swan Lake Rep workshop on Sunday 16 March. We had 8 female dancers including me and 2 male dancers which was a welcome surprise as we had a Pas de deux to dance, as well as the Cynet dance and Waltz of the Swans.

The Pas de deux came first and was from act two, it was divided into 4 segments and each girl would dance a segment with one of our male dancers. I took the first segment which was the one I wanted to do, that was the highlight of the day for me. Those without a partner still danced the step but on there own.

The second session was Waltz of the Swans, but it was somewhat simplified but still enjoyable. The final piece was the Cygnet dance, as that was towards the end of our 7 hour day, I think everyone’s feet ached by this time, but we all managed to keep going. That was arranged as two groups of 4 girls and another group comprising of our two guys, but one had to retire after hurting his foot. Only half of the dancers were regulars, the rest were new faces. I do hope most of those newcomers will continue to support these workshops in order to create a good core of dancers to keep the workshops viable.

That was the end of a very heavy week for me.

• Like 1

It was doing that Cygnet dance at the end of a long day which did my foot in too...last January!!

I think this should come first in the sequence of dances as there are so many beats and quick jumps it's very tiring to do right at the end.

Anyway glad you enjoyed it. Did Rejane mention the next one or give out a handout about it?

Hi Lin

Yes she did mention Don Quixote but there was no hand-out, I asked what scenes we were doing, she mentioned possibly the Spanish dance from act one, and something else but nothing was finally decided yet, I had also mentioned the dream scene to her so its a question of just wait and see. I think there are two workshops only one week apart, I don't think I will be doing both this time, I think the other is Giselle and I'm not keen on the Cuban version of that. Its a shame I'm missing the RAD's Giselle workshop on the 29th June, but that's on the same day as our dress rehearsal for LAB's Gala performance.

I'd like to do the Don Q one at any rate.

I emailed LAB today with my predicament. My physio doesn't know whether my foot will be better by then by the way( simply adult ballet thread) we are just trying a few things and hoping for the best.....it's all the usual things you do with anything around the Achilles' tendon though the main injury is really at the inside ankle bone but the Achilles around the ankle is very stiff first thing in the morning. But because she thinks it was caused by over pronating (inwards) when jumping she's also suggested medial arch supports......luckily the slim line ones fit well into my ballet shoe ......and strapping ......which I'm not getting on with that well.....and to be honest if it still needs strapping in three weeks time should I be doing a three day intensive!!!

I'll let you know what they say and how near the date I need to make a decision. My feeling is that it's going to be another 6-8 weeks before it's okay judging by progress so far!!

Hi Lin

I think we will both be on crutches at LAB together, I thought I was doing well on Monday with my ankle after the long session on Sunday, but it started to play up in the early hours of this morning and by the time I got up the Soleus muscle is almost full contracted, I can still put my right foot to the floor so its not as bad as it was at Christmas, but quite undanceable.

I still went to London today for my private session on Aurora, I couldn't even stand on demi point, almost the first step when you go into attitude. I have take a lot away from the session so it wasn’t a complete waist of time and its almost kept me on schedule.

The next two days are going to be the most difficult as they are both rehearsal. If necessary I will sit and watch tomorrow at the Angles theatre, as progress there is quite slow due to absenteeism. Thursday which is LAB, I really need to be there to take my place in the formations otherwise its not fair to the others.

I had to skip my two classes at ENB tonight as I’m sure that would have further injured my ankles and really screwed thing up for the spring intensive. I’ve re-stretched them tonight the best I can and also iced the ankles afterwards, its a case of rechecking them in the morning.

Oh really sorry to hear that Michelle. I hope things improve for you too. Perhaps take it easy in next two weeks doing the minimum till the intensive.

Ive had a lovely reply from LAB saying that as long as physio gives me the okay so to speak I can come along and do as much or as little as foot allows!!

Alternatively if I pull out now and they can re-offer my place I can get a full refund!

I think the problem is that knowing me if I was there I would find it difficult to not fully participate and if you are learning a part I'm sure it would be a nuisance to others if sometimes you're doing it and sometimes watching and I would hate to let the group I was in down!!

I will make a final decision at the beginning of next week (seeing physio on Friday) but if they can re offer place to someone who is completely fit then maybe that's really the best option right now. Only if they can't re offer to anyone then I might as well come along and see how it goes.

I'm sure the first day won't be too much of a problem.....it's by the third day I'm worried about!! I'll know for certain by end of day 2 whether there's any chance of going for the performance or not. So I would then just watch on the Sunday during rehearsals etc. This sort of flexibility does seem to be what they are offering in their email......it's just me....I don't want to have to be half hearted about it all.

I need to make absolutely clear to Physio anyway exactly how much dancing will be involved!!

Ive been having a think and am wondering whether it would be better for me to try their performance classes once a week leading to their annual performance. In this way you can gradually learn repertoire over some months.......did you say the weekly classes were 2hours? I could manage this quite well (I do a 2hour class every Friday)

I think I would less likely to be injured this way.......after what has happened I'm not sure three and five day intensives will suit me so well. It's why I like The Chelsea Ballet summer school because you can choose how much or little you want to do each day!!

Sorry this going on a bit just feeling a bit disappointed (even weepy) this morning and it makes it worse that LAB are being so lovely about it all!! :):(

Hi Lin

Yes the classes are two hours long with about 45 minutes for Barre/Centre then the rest is repertoire and usually we are working on two pieces a week.

As for the intensives its good you are doing the smaller spring intensive (3days) as that will give you an idea of the general standard. The Summer Intensive are 6 days not 5 as they include the Saturday for performance.

LAB has 3 schools at the moment, I think the intention is to only fill slots where dancers are left as I know they are setting up a fourth new school for Mondays but I don’t know where that will be, Tom will not be teaching at that one, as he teaches at ENB on a Monday.

I wont be doing a full week at the Chelsea Ballet Summer school this year as I will be doing all four LAB Intensives, but I’m hoping to get to the Chelsea Ballet Summer School for at least one day to say hello to the girls again.

• Like 1

Thanks Fiz for your hug!! I am feeling a whole lot better today as have made a decision!!

Yes I'll investigate their website to see how this works. I remember one of the classes is in Islington (always good for me) on a Tuesday but they may be arranged by level of ballet. Monday or Tuesday is fine for me but cannot do Thursdays this year at any rate. Though the RAD is fine too as it's not that far from Clapham Junction so easy to get home afterwards.

Anyway I think it's too late for this year isn't it I know the show isn't till July but presumably things have been worked on now for a while.

But maybe for next year!

Well Michelle back to that decision!

As the LAB have been so prompt in replying to email etc I brought forward(luckily was poss) my physio visit and we had a long chat. She could see I was really worried about making the decision but we both agreed as it's now only two weeks away the ankle will not be back to normal by then and as I am still not back yet doing my usual 4 classes a week (doing three at mo) maybe it's too early to be doing an intensive three days of dancing! Though she was happy with the degree of flexibility they seemed to be offering......if I wanted to do it. Anyway it's with both reluctance and relief simultaneously that I'm going to have to pull out of the Spring intensive. I just don't want to start it already with an injury I want to be able to take part properly.

I will email you about meeting up etc that week end as will be in London anyway from the Saturday at least so will look forward to that and hopefully will be able to watch on the Sunday!!

There are other workshops coming up so it's not the end of the world.....though it felt a bit like it yesterday...as have been so looking forward to it for the last 5 months now!!

Hope you are okay today too Michelle be careful.

I'm consoling myself by applying today for the end of June RAD Giselle workshop in Cambridge!!!

• Like 6

Hi Lin

A few pieces of Info for you, The new LAB class is likely to contribute a little something to our show, but I have no idea as to what, but it will be quite small as it will need to be polished. We are using all of next term to polish our performance material. In class during next term we are expected to wear and get used to dancing our enchainements in tutu's ready for the performance.

I'm not sure if you are aware, but LAB is not drop in, you have to pay by term (£200 approx).

As for being careful, I thought you knew me better than that, try calculating , its more appropriate.

I have had two miserable days, firstly having to drop my classes ENB on Tuesday, then dropping the Angles Theatre rehearsal Wednesday, fortunately according to our teacher she was not added any new material to the sequence this week. I just felt in my hart I hadn't achieved anything, but my head knew it was necessary to avoid prolonging the injury. However this morning it felt marginally better( Slight movement with the Soleus), but still quite painful.

Out of frustration I reasoned if I could warm the heel joint with gentle exercise it may allow me to stretch the soleus further with my heel drop exercises. To that end I went on my tread mill very slowly for the first 5 minute, that was agony but it diminished with time, I gradually increased the speed and remained on the treadmill for a total of 15 minutes. Then came the heel drops, it did stretch a little further.

This morning I hired the hall primarily for practice of our LAB rep, I also tried Sleeping beauty rep, but my feet were along way from right. I was still undecided about LAB tonight. Finally I decided to go anyway with a bit of damage limitation, firstly I went with shoes with 1.5 in heel to take pressure of the Achilles. I told Tom of my injury and said I would not be doing Jumps, he was very sympathetic. As it was I did barre and Centre and when it came to it Jumps as well. Halfway through rep it suddenly dawned on me, there was no pain and full movement had been restored in my right ankle. When we had a short break I stretch the soleus, the range had increased enormously but at the extreme end I could feel only very mild pain.

The rest of the class was fantastic, it really put a spring in my step.

It just ended up being a really wonderful night and it didn't even end with the class. When I caught the train back to Peterborough a young lady sat in the seat on the opposite side of the isle and said "You were at the Chelsea Ballet Summer School Weren't you", she introduced herself as Hannah, and yes I did remember her. We chatted for the best part of an hour before she got off, that certainly broke that journey up in a very pleasant way.

I certainly felt at the end of the day, it had been a fantastic one and I had achieved a lot, and certainly not what I had expected.

One other piece of news: RAD are doing a Swan Lake workshop on the 18th May at RAD HQ in Battersea from 10.30am to 1.00pm, closing date 28 April, cost £36.00

• Like 2

Hi Michelle thanks for the info. Will probably not do that workshop because hoping to do the City Lit one on Don Q which is the following weekend on the 24th........unless that date has changed?? .....and am hoping to do the RAD Giselle one in June can't do them all!!!

Glad your injury seems to be resolving too.

Edited by LinMM

Hi Lin

I wish I was doing the RAD Giselle one, as its more like to be based on the RB version than those which we have done, but unfortunately I'm on dress rehearsal that day. I did ask RAD if they could move it, a long shot I know but sadly they could not. I’m hoping one of the LAB intensives in the future will be based on Giselle, I have already suggested it, so its already in the melting pot for consideration.

This week is another heavy week, but thankfully my feet are in far better shape than they were last week, only slight development is the ankles are starting to itch, not sure what to make of that. They have had a bit of a pounding today with jumps and jete’s, and still going strong. Hopefully will make ENB tomorrow night.

Next week things start to thin out with the onset of term breaks, in spite of the LAB Spring intensive that weekend.

• Like 1

Well Ive had two pieces of good news today!!

Firstly the LAB have asked me if I would like to join their Wednesday class from April!!

Secondly they have allowed me to transfer the money from the Spring Intensive to pay for the summer terms classes.

Looks like you'll see me in a tutu yet Michelle (Ive emailed you) as it seems that I'll be taking part in the show on July 5th if all goes well.

Apparently that group are doing something from Les Sylphides so hopefully will be the romantic tutu rather than the shorter ones!!

It's rather nice as it feels like something has come full circle. That is because it was the music from Les Sylphides that I used to listen to on the stairs(when I was supposed to be in bed) as a child and which eventually got me into ballet in the first place!!

My mum said the music was from a ballet and then I found out a girl in our road went to ballet lessons.....so I went to watch and have been basically hooked ever since!!

• Like 3

Hi Lin

That’s wonderful news, you will be among friends too, at least 4 of the City Academy regulars are in that group.

However just one word of caution, don’t forget you are joining an established group with an established sequence they are working on. I know the Thursday night group (My Group) is the only group on target, both the others are running behind a bit. Term three which you will be starting was intended for polishing for performance, so it would be advisable to look at your groups work as soon as Tom sends you the weekly video’s for term 2. The sequence is fairly graceful with lots of step hops, one of ours is the jumpy one from the same ballet.

When I started term 2, I missed the first week, and the video gave me a chance to catch up and familiarise myself with the moves. I like many of the others do practice out side of the LAB sessions, so for us its not just 2 hours. I have also asked to be able to dance 2 of the 3 pieces learnt in term 1, which was before my time, that I will have to get up to speed outside of LAB if I’m to do that successfully.

Anyway welcome aboard, we will have you in a short pancake tutu yet, you should know by now I’m a bad influence on you. See you at ROH on Saturday.

• Like 1

Thanks Fiz and Michelle! There's probably another very happy person out there somewhere as well.....as they obviously managed to re offer my place on the Spring Intensive to someone else which I'm very pleased about!

Tom sent me a video of the finale of the ballet so perhaps I will only be in this bit. Actually couldn't get the link to work but went on YouTube to have a general look at the ballet plus the finale. I doubt whether I'd be able to catch up on previous two terms work!! So am sure will just be in part of it. But I am very happy about the way it has all turned out.

Now to organise some cheap fares up to London!!!

Ive just put my April 23rd ticket for sale on the Forum here for The Winters Tale.......as that is the first wed of the new LAB term so don't want to miss this. Ive managed to get another ticket for the following Tuesday which is a different cast (was originally hoping to see Cuthbertson......as still not seen her dance.....) but the other cast is brilliant too so hope to catch up with Cuthbertson soon.

Anybody interested in going on the 23rd? It's expensive though....£71!! It's Stalls Circle in row B details are on the ticket exchange thread.

• Like 1

That’s another wonderfully challenging LAB intensive over, which consisted of 75’s dancers where only 5 were guys. For most activities we were divided into three groups, where selection was simple alphabetic order. The weekend was challenging as I thought I was well prepared for the solo’s as I had already done two of them before, and one of them in performance with two other girls. However the versions we were taught were quite different, ouch!

Our corps de ballet piece was the friends dance, as I knew it would get largely re-choreographed, I just stuck with the preparing myself for the basic general movement combinations, which I think paid off nicely.

We learnt three solo’s with half an hour for each one. These consisted of the first and fourth fairy variations and Aurora’s variation from act3. The first fairy variation was the first one my group (Group c) did, I was horrified as there was little resemblance to the one I had previously learnt and had professional coaching to bring that up that standard as preparation. Next it was Aurora, at least the preparation position was the same, then our teacher started to demonstrate it, I was waiting for the breath with the arms, the plie and the rise into arabesque to the opposite corner. It didn’t, it went to a retire, then the leg flicking started which at least I recognised that, that part with swapping direction is repeated four time. Next comes the walks to the down stage right corner, where the steps go right left, right left and hesitate with the right lifted just behind the calf ready to step back into arabesque, oh no is wasn’t like that, two more steps forward then step on the right foot as the supporting leg for arabesque and hold for 1 count.

Most of it was like this, a lot of similarities but a lot of subtle differences too. When I left that class there was so much floating around in my head between the two different versions, the only way at that time I could get through it was high speed copying and I wasn’t a happy bunny with that. Before leaving class I ask my teacher what particular ballet company was that version from, she suggested I look up Lauren Cuthbertson on Youtube.

Finally we got the fourth Fair variation, that was completely new for me, although it looked quite nice our class did not finish the variation in the time allocated.

Later that day Tom our Artistic Director said we were to choose only one of the variations for our performance piece and the following day’s solo session would be dedicated to cleaning up that piece.

That evening (Saturday) around 60 of us went to the Royal Opera House to see Royal Ballets performance of sleeping beauty, alas the variation performed were identical to those being taught, which for me legitimised them as being very appropriate and it was my oversight to assume what I had previously learnt would be the same.

After the ROH performance I went back to the Travel lodge and took my netbook into the dining area where free internet was available. I looked up the appropriate version of Aurora and ran the beginning over and over again even though the internet there was very slow. I was trying to cram every detail into memory for the following day.

Our solo teach that day broke the sequence down into individual bits, and started with the first as ask if anyone was unsure, which I replied I wasn’t, so we went through it a couple of times, we did the same with the rest of it. Our teacher also suggested if there was any part anyone wasn’t sure about to just remain in preparation pose until the reached the next part they could dance, but I didn’t notice anyone that did that.

During this period the ending was greatly modified for the travelling turns, so each of us got to do one of the first three as little sub groups and all of us the last one, there were other changes to for the ending but they were quite minor.

By the time our performance came round, it was reasonably clear in my head and some of it had reprogrammed my muscle memory.

At the performance we started with the friend dance, our group first. I and another girl led our group on stage before we assembled into position of two sets of 4 girls with hands linked similar to the Cygnets dance in Swan Lake and extending 3 deep, we were at the front.

Aurora was the second act on, this time I was towards the back as I would end second row at the end of stage left.

Both pieces seem to go off OK, I will know better when I have seen the video, that’s the feedback that matters, but it really was so enjoyable. I have now booked for the next two Summer Intensives.

• Like 2

Sorry Lin I don't

I only sent an email reply to Nathalie tonight, who is organising the event asking her the same question, however they normally don't tell you until about a week or so before the event.

I would suspect its either the Waltz of the Swans or the Entrance of the Swans, both from Act2, however it could be the dreaded Cygnets.

You've Sussed it......no more little Cygnets for me!!

I did really enjoy doing it originally but there are too many beats and jumps etc for me at the mo and especially when doing it over again numerous times.....and it's the speed of it.....I'm already thinking poor foot!!

I was watching a snippet on YouTube about dancing in the corps de Ballet and one of the girls talking(from RB) came to the same conclusion that I did "it's a killer" she said!!

I may consider this workshop if they are NOT doing this piece but it will have to be at the last minute anyway so if the places are gone they are.

I know it's still another 5-6 weeks to the City's Don Q one and I would be really very sorry to have to miss this as it was the one I was most looking forward to but at this point the long day is not in its favour! So will have to leave till the last minute as well.

I won't do both of them so will decide at the end of first week in May which if any I will do.....I may need to email Rejane about this as I kept saying how I couldn't wait for the Don Q and see you at the end of May and so on!! I can hear the voice of an old childhood friend as I write saying "shut up, Morris minor just shut up for a minute!! (Ive always talked too much!!)

Going back to the Swan Lake I'd love to learn the waltz though or the entrance of the swans.

I'm doing my first class tonight for a couple of weeks or so .....will see how that goes and I see the new foot person tomorrow so here's hoping it's reasonably good news!!

• Like 2

Well the good news is the new sports specialist physio thinks my injury is completely recoverable from but may take another month to six weeks. So no permanent damage. She said it was a fairly common overuse injury and it still needs more resting!

Last night in my first class for a couple of weeks I did do some simple jumps........changements/ assembles/Sissones fermes/echappees but I was wanting to see how it went before I saw the new physio.......but sure enough this morning it was a bit stiffer and more sore than usual again. Anyway in the end she said NO dancing for at least another three weeks but when I explained about the LAB situation she said okay then just that one class a week but absolutely NO jumping!!

A lot of the probs come from the weakness of my muscles around the hips apparently and lack of INNER core strength so lots more exercises to do!!

I felt much better when I came out inspite of having to stop most of the ballet classes for the mo.because I was convinced I'd done something of a permanent nature to my ankle!! At least I can carry on with the swimming though! So can sneak some ballet in when in the pool!!

It does look like no workshops until at least June maybe July though so will have to miss both the Don Q and RAD Swan Lake ones in May. Anyway have enough on my hands I think with the LAB Les Sylphides piece ample to get my feet into for the time being!!

Oh that's a shame, but never mind, I guess I will see you next on the 29th June at ENB for our dress rehearsal. I may be performing at Northern the day before.

I've emailed Northern with three possible options, I need to see their response, but it may only just be possible for me to do it. I know I will be pushing it, as the ballet hours are starting to stack up again.

Tomorrow (Friday) I'm having a foot massage session with me beautician who used to be a sports masseur. She is going to give me some serious toe/metatarsal bending to increase my foot's flexibility range.