Dance clashes

Lilac

Hate it when this happens! Have been a bit overenthusiastic and let DD sign up for CBA at Tring and a panto! Panto rehearsals started earlier than we envisaged, so have 4 Sundays when they clash! So far she has missed a Sunday of Tring, so 3 more clashes to come. Not sure what to do for the best - would be grateful for any comments. Seems to be a big crime to miss even one week of panto, but obviously can't miss four out of six sessions at Tring! Thanks

Suggest you discuss the matter with both CBA and the pantomime folks.

Sorry not to be more help but if you dont communicate openly with both parties Id worry about jeopardising your dcs place, especially with Tring CBA seeing she was one of the lucky few to successfully audition for the programme.

Which dates did you know about first? If the pantomime wasnt clear at the outset about required commitments then I feel they should understand prior arrangements. Good luck!

• Like 2

Is it a professional panto?

In my experience of pro panto rehearsals/schedules are very last minute and prone to change at minimal notice. Everyone has a double and children are replaceable.

However it is a one off thing & a training scheme like Tring Assiciates would probably have more benefit long term no matter how good an experience can be.

Hmmm - definitely do as HFB said and talk to both, but personally I'd be considering giving up panto. There'll be a grateful reserve ready to step in and the training's more important (even us the panto's more fun!)

• Like 1

Wow your panto rehearsals have started early! My dd is about to start her 3rd year of panto in Hertfordshire and her rehearsals don't start until the end of November. However her company make it crystal clear from the start that they will not allow time out for exams, auditions or lessons. The panto is a massive commitment which dd loves but does ultimately take over our life for 6 weeks !

I suppose it depends on what the company said to you when you signed up. Obviously CBA is a wonderful opportunity too with many children desperate to gain a place. Maybe it's best to speak to Tring to see if you can miss two classes and then also the panto to miss two of theirs. Some panto rehearsals will be more important than others such as the tech or producers run. Alternatively if it is the later rehearsals that clash could you ask your dd's opposite number in a different team to stand in for her. They generally split rehearsals into team ones closer to opening night. I know it's not ideal!

Good luck with your decision.