Royal Ballet in Class: Free Tickets

Well, I've just seen this, went to the link, and got 2 tickets straight away.

Woo Hoo!! And do you know, I have never been in the Clore before. 

Is this going to be a Ballet Forum gathering for those who are lucky enough to get Tuesday off at short notice i.e. "working from home"?

Edited by Fonteyn22

I sent this link to several people who enjoy the ballet, and they turned their noses up.  Said you would have to be a fanatic to watch dancers doing their exercises.

I was amazed, I've always found it fascinating to watch top dancers doing the basics. 

• Like 2

I sent this link to several people who enjoy the ballet, and they turned their noses up.  Said you would have to be a fanatic to watch dancers doing their exercises.

I was amazed, I've always found it fascinating to watch top dancers doing the basics. 

They don't know what they'll be missing! Such a rare opportunity!!!

Oh the temptation to 'work from home' next Tuesday and take up this offer! Unfortunately the train fares would be astronomical for me because I would need a peak train to get there by 10 am. Enjoy, those of you who can attend - what a great opportunity! Meanwhile, I will hope to get a glimpse of RB in class or rehearsal on my next ROH backstage tour later in November.....

• Like 1

Thoroughly enjoyed this today, what a treat.

The only person I could positively identify was Edward Watson.  Oh, and Eric Underwood, who had his name printed on his t-shirt.  Very helpful of him!

I shall wait for others to tell me who I was watching.

Thoroughly enjoyed this today, what a treat.

The only person I could positively identify was Edward Watson.  Oh, and Eric Underwood, who had his name printed on his t-shirt.  Very helpful of him!

I shall wait for others to tell me who I was watching.

I've just gone through the company list and jotted down the names of those I think were there (i.e. in the order they're listed in the ROH programmes)

Lauren Cuthbertson, Laura Morera, Ed Watson, Zenaida Yanowsky, Alex Campbell, Deirdre Chapman, Yuhui Choe, Ben Gartside, Melissa Hamilton, Itziar Mendizabal, Johannes Stepanek, Lizzie Harrod, Paul Kay, David Pickering, Akane Takada, Eric Underwood, Hayley Forskitt, Meaghan Hingis, Fernando Montaño, Sian Murphy, Yasmine Naghdi, Claudia Dean, Nicol Edmonds, Ben Ella, Kevin Emerton, Demelza Parish.

Those who were there, please amend the list if it's inaccurate in any way.

Edited to say that I might be wrong about Zenaida.  I thought I remembered seeing her at the beginning but have no memory of her being there later.

Edited by Bluebird

Me too. The few times I've been lucky enough to watch company class, I've been utterly engrossed. I love the fact that even Principals get corrections and take them on board. I guess you never stop learning. :-)

Thanks for the list, Bluebird.  I think you are right, I thought Yanowsky was there at the start, but I don't remember seeing her after they put the barre away.

And I did recognise a few more people than I said originally.  I spotted Laura Morera, but not until the end when they all turned round to face us, rather than the mirror.  What was Lauren Cutherbertson wearing, I don't remember seeing her.  I thought the tall blonde girl was Melissa Hamilton, but I could not find a picture of her to check.  Why has ROH website stopped putting any photos with names?  

Choe was doing some wonderful turns , and Takada was leaping like a gazelle and managing to look very elegant while doing so.

Who was the lady with the short curly hair, wearing some lively coloured bottoms standing over to the right as we faced them while they were doing their barre work?  And who was the person who introduced the classe and gave us a brief update half way through?  

What was Lauren Cutherbertson wearing, I don't remember seeing her.  I thought the tall blonde girl was Melissa Hamilton, but I could not find a picture of her to check.  

Who was the lady with the short curly hair, wearing some lively coloured bottoms standing over to the right as we faced them while they were doing their barre work?  And who was the person who introduced the classe and gave us a brief update half way through?  

I'm afraid I'm not very good at remembering what people were wearing but I think I remember Lauren wearing a beige leotard with black shorts over it.  Melissa Hamilton is no longer blonde.  She now has brown hair.  Maybe your blonde was Hayley Forskitt (on the back row)?  Claudia Dean is also blonde but she isn't as tall. David Pickering introduced the class and I think that  your curly haired lady might have been Deirdre Chapman.  

I'm afraid I'm not very good at remembering what people were wearing but I think I remember Lauren wearing a beige leotard with black shorts over it.  Melissa Hamilton is no longer blonde.  She now has brown hair.  Maybe your blonde was Hayley Forskitt (on the back row)?  Claudia Dean is also blonde but she isn't as tall. David Pickering introduced the class and I think that  your curly haired lady might have been Deirdre Chapman.  

Thanks, Bluebird.

I didn't realise that was Lauren in the shorts, although I remember the person wearing the outfit.

Too many good people to watch, that was the trouble!

• Like 1

Well, since it was being organised by Time Out, I'd guess that's probably not one of their priorities.

Zenaida was definitely there, although it took me a long time to recognise her, as she was rather hidden in a dark corner.  And I thought Lauren's leotard was mint green or something, with black "short dungarees" (I'm sure there's probably a better name for them) over the top.  Difficult to keep track as the dancers shed so many layers during class.