Summer School Suggestions?

Aurora

I'm looking for a summer school for an 8 year old that's held in August.

Not London though as I don't want to deal with the Olympic madness!! Also don't fancy going as far as Bournemouth for the RAD one, the further north the better!

Any suggestions?

I'm looking for a summer school for an 8 year old that's held in August.

Not London though as I don't want to deal with the Olympic madness!! Also don't fancy going as far as Bournemouth for the RAD one, the further north the better!

Any suggestions?

Last summer when my DD was 8 she attended the Northern Ballet in Leeds for a week with Michael Burkin, she had an absolute ball, it was non residential, I have never found any residential summer schools that take children at 8 it is normally 9, unless any one else can suggest anymore?

Ax

Brilliant thank you!

The ybss site doesn't seem to be working, technically shes a little too young for Yorkshire assembly but only by 2 months and she'll be in grade 3 by then (and already takes the grade 3 classes) so I've sent an email asking if they would consider her. It would be as a day student anyway.

If that's no good I'll look at the hull and northern ballet ones again and decide which I think would suit her best. :)

I recommend Sussex Summer School which my DD attended from the age of 8 to 12. Their brochure says residential starts from 9 and Grade III but drop them a line and ask. Beautiful location, friendly atmosphere and experienced teachers. A great place to start summer schooling.

Good Luck.

http://www.sussexss.demon.co.uk/SSS-2012-brochure.pdf

What about Centre Pointe in Manchester, that is where they hold the J As for the Royal ballet. Miss Wright the teacher there actually teaches the JAs. In the past my daughter has attended some of their Easter and summer courses and she enjoyed them.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone. Hammond and YBSS clash with our holiday so they're no good. Sussex is a bit far to go. I've sent an enquiry to Centre Pointe asking for more information so we'll probably go with that one or the one run by Northern Ballet. Hoping for Yorkshire Assembly next year, maybe residential if any of her friends are going.