EYB Sleeping Beauty

Lemongirl

If children only have one role, they are still in both acts, and EYB are very fair about time on stage. So although the Jewels may only have one tutu, they will get as much time on stage as someone with two roles.

Re. The two roles, in Nutcracker a couple of years ago my dd was a mouse and a Mirliton. The pretty Mirliton tutu was compensation for wearing a full body, furry mouse costume and head in the first half! :-)

• Like 1

Regardless of parts i am sure they will all thoroughly enjoy themselves...when DD did coppelia she was a villager, she was initially disappointed that she wouldnt be wearing a tutu but soon forgot about this and enjoyed the whole experience.....in swan lake she was a marinsky again only one costume but with a change of waist ribbon and hairpiece ..... They all appear in at least 2 acts and they get a lot out of the whole experience.....Good Luck to all those doing it and hope they all have fun xx

• Like 3

If children only have one role, they are still in both acts, and EYB are very fair about time on stage. So although the Jewels may only have one tutu, they will get as much time on stage as someone with two roles.

Re. The two roles, in Nutcracker a couple of years ago my dd was a mouse and a Mirliton. The pretty Mirliton tutu was compensation for wearing a full body, furry mouse costume and head in the first half! :-)

I agree. One thing that has always impressed me about EYB is how they do the choreography so that every single participant is dancing for a decent amount of time. My DD has also been a mouse/mirliton in Nutcraker and she definitely felt that having the lovely mirliton tutu compensated for being hidden under the mouse costume in Act 1. We can't tell which mouse is her now if we watch the DVD!

Edited by Pups_mum
  • Like 2

I agree. One thing that has always impressed me about EYB is how they do the choreography so that every single participant is dancing for a decent amount of time.

Something else I think is good, is that they can adapt the choreography to suit each particular cast. They can change a pointe group dance to non-pointe for instance, or vice-versa, depending on the numbers they have.

• Like 2