If that's the Boheme Jonathan Miller staged for the Florence Maggiore Festival in 1997, it's brilliant.  I was working in Florence at the time and was lucky enough to attend the first night.  I'm going to record it anyway - you can never have too much Puccini IMHO.

Linda

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Cinderella, An Australian Ballet production of Prokofiev's classic work based on the fairy tale, choreographed by Alexei Ratmansky
Sky Arts HD

Sky:820  Virgin:206

Thu 2 Jan, 6:00am-8:00am 

Sun 5 Jan, 3:00pm-5:00pm 

Edited by Janite

REPEAT

Royal Ballet: Tchaikovsky - Sleeping Beauty

A production of Tchaikovsky's ballet at the Royal Opera House in London's Covent Garden, starring Marianela Nunez and Vadim Muntagirov
Sky:820 Virgin:206 Sky:122 Virgin:122

Sun 12 Jan, 3:00pm-5:30pm

Edited by Janite
  • Like 2

• alison changed the title to Dance on Sky Arts and other non-terrestrial "TV"

REPEAT Sky Arts

Royal Ballet: Macmillan - Anastasia

A riveting full-length ballet, Anastasia, by Kenneth MacMillan which is a story set during the wake of the Russian Revolution and explores the topic of identity.  Sunday 19th January on Sky Arts from 3:00pm to 5:00pm

Edited by Janite
  • Like 1

On 31/12/2019 at 09:08, Janite said:

REPEAT

Les Patineurs

Ballet. Frederick Ashton's choreography evokes a Christmas scene on an Edwardian ice rink, set to a score by Giacomo Meyerbeer. Paul Murphy conducts.

Friday 17th January on Sky Arts from 6:00am to 6:30am

Edited by Janite
  • Like 1

REPEATS

Force of Nature Natalia

Documentary. Director Gerry Fox presents an intriguing portrait of celebrated danseuse Natalia Osipova and provides a unique look into her dancing career while the artist prepares for her Royal Ballet season.     Sunday 19th January on Sky Arts from 8:00am to 9:00am

Mata Hari by Ted Brandsen, Dutch National Ballet

Ballet. Ted Brandsen presents the story of Dutch spy Margaretha Zelle, better known as Mata Hari, through a spectacular performance by the Dutch National Ballet. Matthew Rowe conducts the Dutch National Orchestra.      Friday 24th January on Sky Arts from 6:00am to 8:00am

REPEAT

Royal Ballet: Ashton Triple Bill

Ballet. A set of three productions consisting of Shakespeare's A Midsummer Night's Dream, an Ashton masterpiece and a performance of Marguerite and Armand.   Sunday 26th January on Sky Arts from 2:50pm to 5:00pm

18 hours ago, Janite said:

REPEAT

Royal Ballet: Ashton Triple Bill

The Dream, Symphonic Variations and Marguerite & Armand.   

I think this is the correct information, and I thought they were all excellent.

Edited by Janite

REPEAT

Giselle

Natalia Osipova and Carlos Acosta perform in Peter Wright's production of one of time's most romantic ballets. From the Royal Opera House.

Monday 27th January on Sky Arts from 6:00am to 8:00am

Edited by Janite
  • Like 2

Black Swan (2010) 

A repressed ballet dancer leads a sheltered life, devoted entirely to her art. She pursues the lead role in a production of Swan Lake, but the director convinces her she will only be capable of dancing the part if she embraces her darker impulses. This leads her into a destructive relationship with a rival that threatens her sanity. Drama, starring an Oscar-winning Natalie Portman. With Mila Kunis, Vincent Cassel and Winona Ryder
Sky Cinema Superheroes HD (Virgin 402)

Wed 29 Jan 6:15am-8:05am 

On 18/03/2014 at 11:46, Bluebird said:

The published Sky Arts listings have recently been unreliable. Despite the fact that the Ashton Mixed Bill is in the Radio Times listing for Friday evening, the actual on screen guide for Sky Arts2 indicates that the Rojo/Acosta Bayadère will be broadcast instead.

Looking at the Sky website and the screen guide,  the Ashton Triple is now scheduled for Sunday, 26th at 14:50.

Linda

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, loveclassics said:

Looking at the Sky website and the screen guide,  the Ashton Triple is now scheduled for Sunday, 26th at 14:50.

Linda

Linda, As far as I can see the Ashton Tripple Bill is on both Friday 31st at 6am and Sunday 26th at 14.50. Enjoy

Edited by Janite
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, loveclassics said:

That's interesting.  The Friday screening is on the screen guide but not on their website.  In fact, there's very little on the website, apart from pictures.  You'd think a media company would try a little harder to keep their customers informed.

Linda

I agree it could be so much better. I wonder if the Friday showing is not on the wesite yet as it is over a week away?

This is the link I use to search Sky Arts for ballet shows. I can't remember how I got hold of it. Sometimes it goes a little funny and doens't work for 24 hours but it always seems to come back.

https://accessibility.sky.com/tvguide/search/index.html?ignorexsl=yes&tvgEncoding=UTF-8&tvgBroadcaster=BDSSkyCable&tvgReferrer=SkyAccessible&tvgClockStyle=ampm&tvgSearchPhrase=ballet repeats:on flag:%&tvgFoundText=There are %number% %shows% %phrase%%&Phrase=ballet&tvgFlagFilter=%&tvgRegion=London&tvgPageNumber=4&colour=one

Edited by Janite
  • Like 1

REPEAT La fille mal gardee

2015 performance of Frederick Ashton's joyful ballet The Wayward Daughter, which tells the story of a passionate village love affair. With Natalia Osipova and Steven McRae.

Friday 7th February on Sky Arts from 6:00am to 8:10am

Really enjoying this afternoon's Triple Bill but can someone help mw out with casting?  I recognise most of the principals but not all of the others and Sky doesn't show the cast until right at the end (and then the picture is usually minimised to make room for trailers).

Linda

6 minutes ago, loveclassics said:

Really enjoying this afternoon's Triple Bill but can someone help mw out with casting?  I recognise most of the principals but not all of the others and Sky doesn't show the cast until right at the end (and then the picture is usually minimised to make room for trailers).

Linda

Glad you enjoyed it, I did too when I saw it last time it was showed.

Do you have the date, is it at the end? Then it could be searched for on the web.

I think when I watched it I took photo's of the cast list at the end and then I could refer back to them.

Edited by Janite

3 hours ago, loveclassics said:

Linda

is this it?

https://www.roh.org.uk/showings/the-dreamsymphonic-variationsmarguerite-and-armand-live-2017

and this could be interesting too

https://www.roh.org.uk/news/ballet-essentials-the-dream-symphonic-variations-marguerite-and-armand

Edited by Janite

REPEAT Elizabeth

Carlos Acosta and Zenaida Yanowsky take centre stage at the Royal Opera House in Will Tuckett's production of dance, music and theatre that explores the loves of Queen Elizabeth I.

Saturday 8th February on Sky Arts from 6:00am to 7:35am 

Edited by Janite
  • Like 1

REPEAT Royal Ballet: The Nutcracker

A young girl's enchanted present leads her on a wonderful Christmas adventure in this beautiful classical ballet, danced to Tchaikovsky's magnificent score.

Wednesday 19th February on Sky Arts from 6:00am to 8:00am

This is all the imformation I have at the moment, no information on when or who is dancing yet.

Nureyev

Documentary. An intriguing look at the extraordinary life of Russian ballet dancer Rudolf Nureyev by the BAFTA-nominated directors Jacqui and David Morris. The film throws light on the unusual journey of the artist who had a humble beginning and thereon, reached the pinnacle of fame. 

Film Documentary

Sunday 23rd February on Sky Arts from 3:00pm to 5:10pm

• Like 2

On 11/02/2020 at 02:31, Janite said:

Nureyev

Documentary. An intriguing look at the extraordinary life of Russian ballet dancer Rudolf Nureyev by the BAFTA-nominated directors Jacqui and David Morris. The film throws light on the unusual journey of the artist who had a humble beginning and thereon, reached the pinnacle of fame. 

Film Documentary

Sunday 23rd February on Sky Arts from 3:00pm to 5:10pm

Also Wednesday 26th February on Sky Arts from 6:00am to 8:10am