OUT OF BOUNDS - presented by Chantry Dance Company

Chantry Dance Company presents OUT OF BOUNDS – Friday 8th November
Lilian Baylis Studio, Sadler’s Wells

One of the UK’s freshest and most exciting dance companies is bringing a new show, OUT OF BOUNDS, to London.

Comments from our audiences in Grantham and Bristol:
“superb”……“creatively captivating”……….
“Paul Chantry and the Chantry Dance Company…..YOU ROCK!”…….
“pure brilliance”……..“contemporary at it’s best”

OUT OF BOUNDS is an evening of dance featuring four new works from choreographers Paul Chantry and Rae Piper including: ‘All I Can Do Is Be Me’ – a ballet set to the music of Bob Dylan, following one man as he questions and challenges a broken society; ‘404-not found’ – a comedic, digital fairytale set in the world of the chat-room; ‘Singing Day’ – a piece for individual interpretation to music by Philip Glass; ‘ad fidem’- a ballet considering the meaning of a ‘journey to faith’, set to a score commissioned from Emmy-nominated composer, Rob Logan.

The evening is entertaining and fun – leave your preconceptions at the door!

Venue: Lilian Baylis Studio, Sadler’s Wells
Time: 7:45pm
Cost: £12
Tickets available through Eventbrite: www.eventbrite.co.uk/event/7803288847?ref=ebtnebtckt

Enquiries: 07989 588038

Email: contact@chantrydancecompany.org

I saw the Grantham performance of Out of Bounds and had a really great evening.   I know very little about modern dance but I found the show to be both moving and very, very entertaining.

Ad fidem is probably the closest to what I expected the dancing style to be.  As well as thought provoking choreography it was beautifully produced with very effective lighting and music.

404-not found was a lighter piece demonstrating the dramatic and balletic skills of Paul Chantry. 

Singing Day highlighted his choreographic skills, sensitively interpreted by Rae Chantry.

All I can do is be me - I must admit I was dreading this, as I'm not a fan of Bob Dylan.  In the event it was my favourite part of the evening.   It was a light  feel-good end to the evening.  I particularly loved the look of sheer delight on Paul's face as he watched his company at work.  It was also the most balletic of the four pieces, and as such well within my comfort zone.

As it says above - leave your pre-conceptions at the door (as always with this company).  This modern ballet in the true sense of the word - if you like dance you are in for a treat.

• Like 2