Taking en pointe to the extreme! - Don't try this at home!

RhodaKuc

Why was she on a piano ? Surely it would have been much better being on a normal stage. She would have had more room to move about. Not only did she had to contend with dancing on knives,she also had to worry about not falling off the piano.!

Yes, there wasn't a single shot where you could see her whole body - as in, torso and legs/feet. Even right at the end when you see the whole body, there's enough shadow so she could easily have been supported. I am not sure she actually danced like that in one go. But I agree, poor piano! I am quite old fashioned, I don't like to see beautiful things like pianos being destroyed, although it's an art form in itself I suppose.

Quite creepy - bit painful to watch but quite well made.

• Like 1

at one point (pointe)? she says "je te deteste" (I think). Or rather, screams it.

Perhaps you could interpret the short film as depicting this dancer's love/hate for her art - she wants to "make her mark" on the music, but  is engulfed by the pain of the art at the same time.

or something.

Thinking about this a little more, I think it does have a point and isn't gratuitously destructive.

Has anyone seen The Red Shoes - of course you must have!

This short film seems to me to be depicting a dancer compelled to dance by whatever force (magic or just her own need) desperately trying to "kill" the music and gain release. Sometimes you need to reflect on art a little bit?

• Like 1

Thinking about this a little more, I think it does have a point and isn't gratuitously destructive.

This short film seems to me to be depicting a dancer compelled to dance by whatever force (magic or just her own need) desperately trying to "kill" the music and gain release. Sometimes you need to reflect on art a little bit?

i agree.... But the poor piano!!! And the risk of injury mustve been so high for her...

• Like 1

I hate that film. It's so depressing!

• Like 1

So do I,Spanner, and it frightened the life out of Char when she was seven. A friend's daughter refused to dance any more after seeing it at the same age, saying ballet was evil! However she always was a little strange! :8

• Like 1