Elmhurst summer school

Poppy

Hi everybody, I was just wondering if anybody has applied for the summer school this year?

For people who applied previously what are the chances of getting offered a place - anybody know how many on average they take?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Poppy - I don't think I heard of anyone being turned down, but that's not to say it didn't happen - they can only fit in a certain number (mainly dependant on bed space I should think). My son loved it last year (he's in the upper school, so he stayed in his own flat which helped us financially!) despite recovering from injury - he just did as much as he could and it was great to mix with other students from elsewhere.

• Like 1

My DD has applied for this again this year. She was on a waiting list a couple of years ago and was offered a place.

She says they are worked hard but says it is well worth it and she loves the Pas De Deux classes with the BRB males!

They do start at 14 but dd was only a month away from her birthday so they let her in (from waiting list) that first year. It is not expected that she will get in every year as she knows of some people who do get No's.

As the closing date for applications has just passed I hope we will hear soon.

T

• Like 1

My finger was obviously "off the pulse" on this occasion then ;) I suppose I knew lots of people who went, and many on the old forum who said they were going and didn't hear about the ones who didn't. Such a shame for anyone to miss out - it's a lovely summer school - but it's obviously over-subscribed - there's only so much room.....

Definately over subscribed - my DD has applied in the past, been waitlisted and not got a place and we know of several who applied, especially 2 years ago who had a 'no' in very nice letters explaining that the summer school had proved far more popular than envisaged.

I remember the school said that applications had exceeded spaces last year. DS has applied again this year as throughly enjoyed last year. Always think that if current students want to go to summer school they must be doing something right.

Hi I've heard nothing yet but I only sent my application off on Wednesday before the closing date. my mum did call yesterday and they said responses should start to come out end of this week beginning of next (and by email).

Has anybody else heard?

My dd just got an e-mail offering her a place today. Her last chance to impress the 'powers that be' before her general auditions for 6th form next September.

Poppy, my dd was 13 and 11 months when she went to their first summer school but I had already had a word with the school to make sure it was ok before she applied. We didint think she would be offered a place but she got in off the waiting list.

Good luck.

T

• Like 1

Well done to all those with a yes for this course. Has anyone got a no yet? DD still waiting to here and am guessing from the above posts that it is only the positive e-mails that have gone out - however could be that those not getting in don't post their outcome on here!

Will contact them on Monday - but guessing they will have broken up for the holidays - so any info greatfully received.

Millie

• 2 weeks later...