"See inside White Lodge" event

Jan McNulty

I must admit would love to go but haven't a DC to take with me unless anybody can lend me one!!

Off topic but for years had wanted to bottle feed the lambs at the Seven Sisters farm nr Eastbourne. But thought I can't go without a child I'd look ridiculous.

Well last year I went for it and was so pleased to find in the queue another lady like myself and I did enjoy it although the lambs are not the real tiny ones but amazed at how quickly they got through the bottle.

Back to topic have a good time all who manage to get to this event at RBS anyway :)

• Like 1

After restoration of the house following disrepair in the late 18th century, George III gave the house to another Prime Minister, Henry Addington, 1st Viscount Sidmouth, who enclosed the lodge's first private gardens in 1805. Although the King (affectionately calledFarmer George for his enthusiasm for farming and gardening) made himself ranger, Lord Sidmouth was made deputy ranger. Among the more famous visitors to White Lodge during this period was Horatio Nelson, 1st Viscount Nelson, in the month before the Battle of Trafalgar. He is said to have explained his battle plan to Lord Sidmouth by drawing lines on the table with a wine-moistened finger.[3]

• Like 1