Matthew Bourne summer school

robin64

Has anyone been to the summer school where they do Matthew Bourne rep and was it good/ what would be your feedback on it? I think it is called "The Dance Summer School" and is in Scotland. DD will be studying Matthew Bourne as part of GCSE dance so I wondered if it might be a good summer school for next summer. She would be about inter level. Thanks.

Don't know anything about that summer school, but when Matthew Bourne's Swan Lake is touring next year there is a workshop (at Milton Keynes - dd booked already!) and they may be doing workshops at other venues as well.

Also, have you thought about the Contemporary Day of Dance at Tring early next year?

• Like 1

Hi Robin64, a couple of girls from my DD's dance school went up there this Summer and said it was great.  Another ex-pupil of DD's dance school, who is studying at Bird, also went up as a chaperone and all reports are that it is excellent.

I don't have personal experience but it is called "The Dance Summer School" and this is the link to the website http://www.thedancesummerschool.co.uk/index.html

They do classical ballet, contemporary and jazz so good all rounder. 

Hope this helps :)

• Like 2

My dd has been to the dance summer school in scotland for the last 4 years ... it is so good. They are so well looked after and have great teachers. The guy that comes from the matthew borne company is amazing. Pm me if u want to know anymore,

• Like 1

Can anyone please tell me the age restrictions on this SS. I can't find the info on the website! It was propably staring me in the face....... Thankyou. X

Is says 10 and over on one of the pages. The course for students page. 

Would be interested in knowing whether New Adventures will run a workshop in Glasgow when they do Swan Lake there, but I can't find anything online :(

• Like 1